Thread: Crossfader vs Channel Fader

Crossfader vs Channel Fader

I recently seen a clip on IG and the person said mostly PRO DJ's use the channel faders not the cross fader.

I spin deep house and since day one I've always used the cross fader for mixing and long blends. I also use the pitch sliders not the nudge method.

What is your preference?

I use and abuse both

I do a lot of faders to cut where some people would chirp/crab/transform on the crossfader, and I use the crossfader to blend where people would use faders. And a combination of both or in reverse order, yes go figure.

and the person said mostly PRO DJ's

Shoot here -----------------> SoundCloud ________________________________ MixCloud________________ __________________YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    I use and abuse both
    The crossfader seems more aggressive. I tend to use faders and EQs for that elongated blending.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

I have an A&H, elongated faders....
    Shoot here -----------------> SoundCloud ________________________________ MixCloud________________ __________________YouTube

I have a Stanton RM 402 and my approach is to put the fader dead center and use the volume control for the turntable. Reason being is I mix vinyl and there is a difference in recorded volume on

each 12inch record. BUT.. this is because I'm trying to stay at the same VU meter level so the songs blends at the same volume if I'm recording.. Other wise you can mix but it drops off if the album your mixing

wasn't recorded at the same level.
    “Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.”

I use a Bozak Rotary Mixer. It don't have a cross fader!

Mastersounds Radius 4 so no crossfader and rotary pots.

Recently I’ve got into collecting and DJing with 45s though, so I’m now actively looking for a mixer with a crossfader.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    It's only because features like auto-sync have opened the doors for a bunch of lazy cunts to buy some gear and think they're a DJ a week later that we go round and round in circles with this same topic.