DJF does not use secured sockets layer (SSL) for encryption. In this day and age, this is seen as being archaic. In the past, I've explored implementing SSL and it was quoted as around $1,000... which is why it hasn't been done.

As cool as Dix and I are, we don't have Elon Musk dollars, so we haven't paid for it yet. Dix and I have considered doing a donations drive, but it just hasn't been a priority.

Every once in a while, I'll get a PM with a great tip on moving this forward. Here's a great example:

Quote Originally Posted by light-o-matic
https://letsencrypt.org/

You just install certbot on your server, set up a few things, and boom.. free certificate.
Totally legit.
Thanks for the tip, light-o-matic. Dix and I totally appreciate it. I hear ya buddy. It's unfortunately not that simple. We don't rent a server. We rent a vBulletin service tied to a server and a domain. I've been told that the (old) version of vBulletin would need to be upgraded several times before we can use SSL. That info was from late 2022. While I can get a update in terms of a plan, my question is this:

Should SSL be a priority now that browsers are beginning to "not like" non-SSL sites?