Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone use Traktor at events?

Anyone use Traktor at events?

I haven't met anyone else who uses Traktor. I run Traktor Pro 2 software with an S4 MKII controller. Anyone else using Traktor Pro or Traktor hardware?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrex View Post
    I haven't met anyone else who uses Traktor. I run Traktor Pro 2 software with an S4 MKII controller. Anyone else using Traktor Pro or Traktor hardware?

I used to have a Kontrol Z2 and an S2. Both were great. It became a pain having to keep up with my Serato Library and Itunes and Traktor annnnddd Rekordbox so after awhile i just went back to Serato. Traktor is definitely awesome for what it's worth but Serato has the market share in the US as far as club setups are concerned. Just makes sense to stick with it instead of traktor unless you plan on strictly using your own gear at gigs.
    This signature has been censored. - PCWO

Quote Originally Posted by djknowledge View Post
    I used to have a Kontrol Z2 and an S2. Both were great. It became a pain having to keep up with my Serato Library and Itunes and Traktor annnnddd Rekordbox so after awhile i just went back to Serato. Traktor is definitely awesome for what it's worth but Serato has the market share in the US as far as club setups are concerned. Just makes sense to stick with it instead of traktor unless you plan on strictly using your own gear at gigs.
    I have no experience with club settings but I do bring my laptop and controller to my gigs which are usually weddings, dances, parties, or special events. I work for a company who supplies all the lights and sound so everywhere I go I'm bringing all the necessary gear with me. I'll be graduating high school this year and going into colleges for engineering so I don't think I'll have time to get myself wrapped up into the club scene for quite awhile so I'm comfortable with staying loyal to Traktor, it's what I've used since I started my freshman year

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrex View Post
    I have no experience with club settings but I do bring my laptop and controller to my gigs which are usually weddings, dances, parties, or special events. I work for a company who supplies all the lights and sound so everywhere I go I'm bringing all the necessary gear with me. I'll be graduating high school this year and going into colleges for engineering so I don't think I'll have time to get myself wrapped up into the club scene for quite awhile so I'm comfortable with staying loyal to Traktor, it's what I've used since I started my freshman year

yea man Traktor is awesome so if you're comfortable with it just stick with it. A word of advice, if you ever decide you do want to switch, it'll be easier for you to do so if you copy all your crates/playlist in Traktor and arrange them similarly in Itunes. That way you can always just load the itunes playlist in whatever software you're using (traktor/rekordbox/serato/virtualDJ) and you'll be good to go. Also helps if something ever happens to your crates since you'll always have a copy.

Quote Originally Posted by djknowledge View Post
    yea man Traktor is awesome so if you're comfortable with it just stick with it. A word of advice, if you ever decide you do want to switch, it'll be easier for you to do so if you copy all your crates/playlist in Traktor and arrange them similarly in Itunes. That way you can always just load the itunes playlist in whatever software you're using (traktor/rekordbox/serato/virtualDJ) and you'll be good to go. Also helps if something ever happens to your crates since you'll always have a copy.
    Makes sense, thank you!

I don't do many gigs any more, but when I do, I use Traktor. Here is a picture of my portable setup before I pack it up to take to a gig.

I've been using S4 ever since it first came out. It was my first system, has been my only system, and I've logged over 1000 gigs on it by now - practically all in clubs catering to young adults. But I come at this from a different angle than most of you guys - from a background in production and as a keyboard player in bands. I've never mixed vinyl or CDs. One look at S4 and I immediately knew what was going on. Serato on the other hand was like trying to read a foreign language.

Practically everything I use in a night are my own custom remixes and edits, so compatibility with iTunes or anything else is a non-issue. Tractor is not for everyone, but for those like me I'm glad it's there.

Quote Originally Posted by b.ill View Post
    I've been using S4 ever since it first came out. It was my first system, has been my only system, and I've logged over 1000 gigs on it by now - practically all in clubs catering to young adults. But I come at this from a different angle than most of you guys - from a background in production and as a keyboard player in bands. I've never mixed vinyl or CDs. One look at S4 and I immediately knew what was going on. Serato on the other hand was like trying to read a foreign language.

Practically everything I use in a night are my own custom remixes and edits, so compatibility with iTunes or anything else is a non-issue. Tractor is not for everyone, but for those like me I'm glad it's there.
    I'm willing to bet if you had gotten a similar controller to the s4 for serato you would have been just as comfortable. Both are different beasts. I was sad to let Traktor go lol. I loved the s2 the jog wheels were one of the most responsive ones ive used on a controller second only to the Numark v7's and NS7.

Quote Originally Posted by b.ill View Post
    I've been using S4 ever since it first came out. It was my first system, has been my only system, and I've logged over 1000 gigs on it by now - practically all in clubs catering to young adults. But I come at this from a different angle than most of you guys - from a background in production and as a keyboard player in bands. I've never mixed vinyl or CDs. One look at S4 and I immediately knew what was going on.
    This is similar to me... background included.

I started with the NS7 and went to the S4 when it came out (because of the sampler). I still use my S4 mk1 and even added an F1 because remix decks are that much fun.

-KLH
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Mobile DJ for two years now... been using Traktor for all my events since I started. I tried all the others, but Traktor felt the best to me, so I use it with my American Audio VMS 4.1, and my Pioneer DDJ-T1. It works great for me, without any glitches so far. Don't think I'll be switching any time soon.