Thread: .wav issue with CDJ's

.wav issue with CDJ's

Hello everyone, i am a saxophonist, DJ and producer from England!

I have recently switched from using a laptop to CDJ's for some things and am running into a stubborn issue, have spent some time trying to solve it, discussed with people and now im here...

I play a lot of .wav files in my sets. I analyze the music in Pioneers Rekordbox software since being able to arrange lists by tempo and see a large wave form on the player is extremely useful in the moment when performing. I downloaded a lot of these .wav's from junodownload.com and got some from other places. Whilst Rekordbox is fine with these files to listen to, analyze, set cue points e.t.c. but will not export and play on the CDJ. I have been over the supported formats, see attached image:

The conclusion i came to, since the bit depth, bit rate and sample frequency are all in line, is that the 'encoding method' must not be 'uncompressed PCM' which the table states is the only codec supported?

I think i either need to convert them to this 'uncompressed PCM' format or convert them to AIFF, if this would not result in a loss of quality.

Which software would you guys recommend for doing such conversions in bulk?

Guys, i have to perform soon, would really appreciate any help with this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Welcome to DJF!

AFAIK, .WAV files are usually (but not always) uncompressed PCM, so the problem is likely with the sample rate. .WAV files can go up to 192kHz and CDJs only support up to 48kHz.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Here is a screenshot of all the info:

I think the sample rate is within the guidelines right? And man last time i was playing on the 2000 nexus 2's and still nada... I mean obviously i can still play, but you know how useful it is to get things straight in rekordbox...
    Last edited by KLH; 09-18-2016 at 08:19 AM. Reason: I changed your pic so that you can show it inline. -KLH

This is weird. According to RB, the file is 44.1 kHz - which is fine. Have you opened it in another digital audio editor app like Audacity? Does it confirm that it's a 44.1kHz variable bitrate MP3?

I would personally just resave it in Audacity as a 320kbps constant bitrate file just to get over this issue...
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...