Thread: Replacement for Rekordbox - connecting Pc to CDJ

Replacement for Rekordbox - connecting Pc to CDJ

Hi everyone ,

Straight to the point :

I'm used to prepare my sets in Rekordbox and then playing them on my own XDJ-RX at a party (local parties).
    I've been asked to play at some local clubs now and they have their own CDJ's but of course, beiing a local club they don't have a 2000 Nexus or something but CDJ 400's or older. I'd rather use my laptop + the CDJ's then. Connecting rekordbox to a CDJ only goes via ethernet (not usb ) which the old CJD's don't have.
    So connecting to my Macbook mini USB to USB is the only option. The issue is; i have my grid's put correctly , cue points , loops ... in rekordbox but can't use it. Is there another DJ software ( VDJ, Traktor, Serato ,..) which can read the rekordbox-information ? So that i could use that software connected to the CDJ's ?

Would be a great help if someone could give me some insight on this !

edit* : I found that Mixvibes Cross DJ supports sync with Rekordbox but only one way ( cross DJ to Rekordbox ). Actually I need the other way around.

Grtz
    Last edited by Fourier; 09-07-2015 at 03:05 AM. Reason: + information

Hi,

Not sure if this will help but I have found out that Pioneer recently released a brand new teaser video that seemed to indicate a new DJ software from the company based off of their Rekordbox platform.

I reckon it will be released after the BPM trade show this weekend and may help with the issue you're having!?

Serato
    Hewlett Packard the backbone of Apple data centers.
    I will not read anything in Comic sans

SSL/SDJ or TSP is the "traditional" way of addressing this.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Can you send me the link of this video ? can't seem to find it on the quite big internet : )

Found it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrub2gajCu8

Very interesting indeed !

Thx
    Last edited by Fourier; 09-11-2015 at 01:43 AM.