Thread: Vocals Clashing

Threaded View

The main problem is it's very hard to put into words the lil tricks, cheat mixes that people come up with for different songs. Some tricks are quite unique to the individual track.

I look at the wave view quite a lot and try to get the oncoming beat to hit the down beat, those lil pre swoshs help a lot (mainly for jumping BPM and avoiding the clash). Some songs I might skip in to fit an appropriate point. Other tracks I've reeditted in Cubase so I can mix them. If there's 4 beats or even 2 beat before the vocal starts (matched bpm) using that in a loop, chopping it in can work. Even if the vocal starts on the 4th, you can use your 4 beat loop but make sure you cut out the 4th beat, every loop round. Sometimes that lil prebit of vocal still sounds good if it's cut, other times not so.

for example Chris Brown Ayo. looping the first 4 beats and chopping in that intro, the start of the vocal is caught on the 4th. You get the first 3 beats of notes to play with.

The Chainsmokers remix of Tove lo Stay High, I only have the radio edit. I do a 1 beat loop on the I... match it to the playing track, chop it in. it's on the off beat and sounds quite good. The down beat is when she says High so the exit loop time is not where you'd expect to match the boom to the right point your mixing out of.
    Last edited by mitchiemasha; 08-13-2015 at 06:28 AM.