Thread: DDJ SX 2 and Serato questions

DDJ SX 2 and Serato questions

Hi guys.

I just switched to Serato after using Traktor for about 3 years so i have a few questions.

1. Do you have to have the 'master cue' button pressed to hear the master channel in your headphones? I'm not sure if i have my settings wrong or something, but i can only hear the master channel when i have this button pressed.

2. My headphones distort when i have both songs playing at the same time. I have to keep turning the volume down to avoid this. Is this normal with serato? Never experienced this with traktor, even at high volumes.

3. Is there a way to display a countdown to the next cue point? I wanted to use serato because i saw a few videos where people had this.

1. Yes

2. I do not have this problem w' my SX2

3. Yes, the 4 "red" sections inside the illuminated display are for cue point countdown.
    http://soundcloud.com/risquedj
    "ALLFORMs of music move me"

Quote Originally Posted by bnr View Post
    Do you have to have the 'master cue' button pressed to hear the master channel in your headphones? I'm not sure if i have my settings wrong or something, but i can only hear the master channel when i have this button pressed.
    What you hear depends on the Cue buttons AND the headphones mix knob. If the knob is on the right, you'll only hear the main mix output. If the knob is on the left, you'll only hear the tracks and main mix IF their associated Cue buttons are illuminated. If the knob is in the middle, you'll hear both.

Quote Originally Posted by bnr View Post
    My headphones distort when i have both songs playing at the same time. I have to keep turning the volume down to avoid this. Is this normal with serato? Never experienced this with traktor, even at high volumes.
    I have a feeling that you have BOTH headphones knob in the middle AND the Master Cue lit. The result would be TWO TIMES the volume of the master output going to the headphones. I suggest pressing the Master Cue so that it isn't lit. If you want to hear the main mix, use the headphones mix knob.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...