Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Correct height" mobile DJ "table" ideas.

"Correct height" mobile DJ "table" ideas.

Hey guys,

I'm looking for some ideas on a portable DJ table that's not too big 16-18" deep by 36" wide and also at the correct height, roughly 41". All of the tables I see to purchase are at 35-36" high, not too comfortable when you have to bend over all the time.

I'm willing to make something that I can "take down" and haul away in my car. I was thinking maybe a simple pedestal like table? What are your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Chris View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm looking for some ideas on a portable DJ table that's not too big 16-18" deep by 36" wide and also at the correct height, roughly 41". All of the tables I see to purchase are at 35-36" high, not too comfortable when you have to bend over all the time.

I'm willing to make something that I can "take down" and haul away in my car. I was thinking maybe a simple pedestal like table? What are your thoughts?
    I use a part of a storage unit that can be put together taken apart in 4 minutes. Its quite a good solution, but its not quite as stable as i would like.

One option if you only need a few inches is to put your decks on top of a flight case.

Quote Originally Posted by jz416 View Post
    one option if you only need a few inches is to put your decks on top of a flight case.
    BOOM! There it is!!! (+1)

-KLH
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Or if you have a small to medium sized controller you can get a Magma laptop riser stand. $39.99

http://www.agiprodj.com/magma-bags-l...FW5o7Aod90YA6w

Banned
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Legs extend to 36". It's not perfect, but hella cheap and fairly tall.

Quote Originally Posted by kick6 View Post
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Legs extend to 36". It's not perfect, but hella cheap and fairly tall.
    I'm not too sure about that table. I sell one like it at work and when it is extended all the way up its pretty unstable. Its a different brand, so mine may just suck, but with the kind of investment that would be on the table stacking gear on top of flight cases seems more safe to me.
    DJ SanToro

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SantoroMT View Post
    I'm not too sure about that table. I sell one like it at work and when it is extended all the way up its pretty unstable. Its a different brand, so mine may just suck, but with the kind of investment that would be on the table stacking gear on top of flight cases seems more safe to me.
    Well, I just have a controller. It would be pretty cramped with 2 decks and a 19" mixer. In fact, I'm not 100% 2 decks would even fit battle style.

i have a 6 foot folding table that the legs to extend on but i have put 2 1200s, a 4 channell mixe, crane stand and my macbook on it and never had a problem.

and i normal use my flight case tops if i need more height.

On Stage Stands All products by On Stage Stands Other DJ Stands & Facades by On Stage Stands
    ON-STAGE KS7150 PLATFORM STAND

This fully adjustable model is a great choice for musicians who need support for large keyboards, heavy vintage electric pianos or DJ gear. The KSA7500 Universal 2nd Tier unit can be attached, making this a 2-tier stand! The first platform keyboard stand that folds flat! Folding legs are ideal for storage and travel.
    Features:•Weight Capacity: Can handle most loads up to 230lbs. capacity
    •Height Adjustment: 26"-43"
    •Width Adjustment: 29"-43.5"
    •Construction: Welded and bolted
    •Telescoping platform adds versatility and adjusts from 29"-43.5"
    Last edited by fatcatdj; 12-11-2013 at 03:35 AM.
    .."You can NEVER go too far"---Ferris Bueller

I have been on a long journey for a good table..

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/max-chi...prod2001434.ip 55.5 in height
    I really like the adjusting mechanism on this table. it is built well...I own this, I need something like this in a 6 ft table though !!!!!