Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Studio Monitors

You can do a lot without too much money. Draperies and bookshelves in the right places go a long way. After that, it's just bass traps, making sure there's room b/t the back of your nearfields and the wall, and killing specific, problematic reflections.

At least, that's what I've observed from some pretty good sounding rooms.

Or…you can just build a sound proof, anechoic space……that'd be awesome. Unfortunately, it's also really expensive.

I find the Focal CMS series to be very good monitors. Stuff that I made with them translated very well.

I've heard nothing but good things about the Adam A7's

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Sang Han View Post
    just bought a pair of pioneer sdj05 at gc.
    How are you liking those pioneer monitors?

I was looking at those but haven't seen to many reviews on them.

I recently just bought the M-Audio BX8A monitors. Haven't set them up yet, but my friend has em in his studio and they are really good. I like the sound better than the KRK 8's. And they're on sale at guitar center, normally $499 for the pair, but there's a $125 instant rebate which is good until the end of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by 1point5 View Post
    Genelecs all the way if you can afford them!

Otherwise I've heard great things about the Adams for the price. My 8" KRKs sound great but are not very bassy at all, although they definitely do colour the sound a bit when compared with the Genelecs I use at uni. My friend has some M-Audio BX8s which have a huge amount of bass compared to mine.
    Yeah wish i would have brought genelecs, instead of my krk's

I've recently discovered that Dynaudio, in addition to having a good reputation, makes at least a few nearfields that don't have volume controls…just an input sensitivity (-10, 0, +4) that you set based on the output they're connected to.

Yeah…they'll be my next set because of that.

I'm so effing sick of ghosts bumping the volume controls on my Rokits. I'm very close to breaking the dame knobs off. I have them set…I never want them to move again.

Bout 3 weeks or so into my yamaha hs50m's. sound really great so far, very pleased

I was never a big fan of KRK's, didn't like the sound they would put out. Went with JBL's when I was monitor shopping back in a day

HS80M's are great, never heard the 50s but ive heard they sound similar to the NS10m's, which are legendary in the production world.