Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: Post your lighting rigs

Quote Originally Posted by Ntertainment View Post
    LT audio how did you do the truss Ts in the last video? What is your support system?
    We use Genie Super towers when we are not able to fly due to time constraints or lack of a man lift to set the points. Rock solid and safe for that small amount of weight.
    Your One Stop Production Shop!
    Thomas Petrusky - Lightning Audio Productions, Full Service Production.
    www.LightningAudioPro.com

High school dance a few weeks ago. (before the kids showed up)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Troy View Post
    If I was only willing to listen to music *I* like, then I wouldn't be a mobile DJ, I'd just get a Pandora subscription.

Looks good Allen what are you feeding the led screen for content?

its a chauvet 10' LED screen triggered via DMX with freestyler.
    the designs are part of the preprogrammed sets in the controller.
    If I was only willing to listen to music *I* like, then I wouldn't be a mobile DJ, I'd just get a Pandora subscription.

Ok I was curious if you were doing live animations that would be in sync or not. Looks awesome either way!

the curtain is sync'ed via the freestyler, the animations on the curtain are not connected to the animations on the lasers.
    maybe some day...
    I made my final switch away from non-dmx, auto play, and halogen lighting a little over a year ago. i am still on the learning curve for the light shows. the lasers are controlled via pangolin and pangolin can be triggered via dmx but i have not yet done so.
    I might add that one of the two lasers in this picture is from Ntertainment.

A little adaptation of existing T-Bar stands to be similar to the ADJ Light Bridge One that I finished the other day. Still gotta grab myself 8 u-bolts to lock that truss down, but overall, I'm satisfied with the overall setup so far.

I fillet welded welded a 1' piece of 1-3/4" Telespar (sign post) to 1.5" schedule 40 pipe to make the adapter. A fillet weld ensures a higher strength joint. The regularly spaced holes are advantageous, and allows many sizes of truss to be used with them, ensuring across the board compatibility. You can even use a span of pipe across to make a frame for a screen, etc. You can usually find short chunks of Telespar at scrap yards, and also asking around when road crews change out signs and the like.

First shows full length of Light Bridge
    Second shows an adapter and truss.

That said, I'm going to be taking this out to my next mobile show and getting photos.
    Last edited by djscrizzle; 03-11-2018 at 03:51 AM.
    Been in this CRAZY art since 2003, Deep in the 719!
    Check out BPMPROCOLO online at: www.bpmproductionsofcolorado.com

I did a 40th Birthday party last night and got a little creative with setup. I stacked a pair of 4ft truss and attached the global truss plasma bar to hang a pair of ADJ DOTZ Floods. I also mounted my projector on the top plate to project onto a lycra screen I hung on the wall. I DJed videos all night as well.