Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Armin's comments about Intense

Quote Originally Posted by deathsupport View Post
    What category does Intense fit under in your opinion?
    Pop house and/or trouse. Whatever you want to call "that" genre of music.

There are approximately zero actual trance elements in the song. No flowing progression, no acid, no rolling beat. The "melody" is sharp and stabbing, instead of progressive and moving. It's basically just sped up big room house.
    DJF Trance Champion 2012
    Sedna - DJ & Producer
    <-- Click it
    Do you believe in a God that tells you lies, or do you believe in me?

I really like Waiting For The Night. It's not a "pure" trance track per se, but I like more than just one genre of music and personally think it's a good song. It's kind of a shame the track didnt get more publicity. The Emma Hewitt track is pretty good also in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedna View Post
    Pop house and/or trouse. Whatever you want to call "that" genre of music.

There are approximately zero actual trance elements in the song. No flowing progression, no acid, no rolling beat. The "melody" is sharp and stabbing, instead of progressive and moving. It's basically just sped up big room house.
    apparently we're at a point now in the industry where when a big artist manages to string a melody and chord progression together without resorting to squeaky babies screaming and goats squawking in pain, everyone bows down like the guy just invented music theory.

not sure how much that applies to armin, but there are other big names that seem to have this effect when they decide not to make trouse/electrohau5 for once

from a theoretical standpoint, armin's track up there ^^ doesn't technically break any major rules that most crap producers break; like melodic/chord clashes that shouldn't be there, out of tune elements, a singer that couldn't sing happy birthday in tune. but it also doesn't achieve anything more than being a paint by numbers track. sprinkled/doused with much nacho cheese
    Last edited by thehadgi; 05-20-2013 at 03:06 PM.

Although as far as armin goes, I usually tend to not give a crap what anyone says about my tracks, so I couldn't care less if someone doesn't like one of mine.

But I suppose if I reach his fame and have thousands of fans tweeting me hateful things... I guess that would wear you down after a while

what is this...i don't even...

Quote Originally Posted by deathsupport View Post
    I think my fans should start worrying if there’s no progression or experimentation
    keep it. i've heard that from so many artists.

EDIT: just listened to the tracks on intense and most of them sound like they were pulled straight of some el cheapo cheesy summer/beach compilation with some electro house thrown in between. the rest is just really unimpressive. even the track with the most potential (who is afraid of 138) turns out to be just "meh".
    Last edited by Era 7; 05-20-2013 at 03:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by EarnYourKeep
    name one dj that can replicate richie's drums in a minimal techno way, this coming from a plastikman background...then again i figure trance heads would respond this way they always seek the BUILD UP AND DROP THE BASS BRO

Guys the unthinkable just happened.

My mother just sent me a text telling me how much she loves "Some track by a guy called Armin Van Buuren"

Turns out it was the track "This is what it feels like"

doesnotwanttoliveonthisplanetanymore.jpg

They've started playing it on capital fm... which instantly makes it shit music. Weather you liked it before or not.

I actually quite liked it when i first heard it but i don't rate Trevor Guthrie's voice at all. I haven't actually heard the whole album but from the tracks i have heard i would say all that "experimenting" stuff is 95% BS.
    Please take a look at (and feel free to follow) my soundcloud
    http://soundcloud.com/alexreeduk
    And PLEASE like my facebook page, would mean a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    Guys the unthinkable just happened.

My mother just sent me a text telling me how much she loves "Some track by a guy called Armin Van Buuren"

Turns out it was the track "This is what it feels like"

doesnotwanttoliveonthisplanetanymore.jpg

My mom is a Top 40s person. Only thing saving her is that she listens to damn near anything.
    The rest of the world is tired of US interventionism and the US taxpayer is tired of footing the bill for US interventionism. #teamidiot is on the prowl

it sucks, hard
    "The dedication to repetition — the search for nirvana in a single held tone or an endlessly cycling rhythm — is one of electronic music's noblest gestures."

I refuse to listen to this album, and I'm doing my best to try and stay away from the negativity and bashing that's been happening, I've done my fair share of bitching and moaning but it's not gonna change a single thing, we all know exactly why and what artists like AVB etc are doing, it is what it is, I think we should start focusing more on what's happening with the real Trance producers and forget about these money hungry sell outs.

I get just as frustrated as any other die hard out there but no matter how much shit we talk it ain't gonna change a thing. Start promoting and supporting the real Trance artists, they are the ones that need it most, Pulser's retirement speech is a prime example of this, he said it himself, the "real Trance sound" has no market anymore, America etc want to hear that pop shit, which is why we need to show the support to the few artist left that have stuck true to the game, and forget about the imitators.

End Rant
    DJF TRANCE CHAMPION 2011
    DEEPER SHADES OF TRANCE - BRINGING YOU THE BIGGEST NAMES IN TRANCE WEEKLY VIA TRANCERADIO.FM