Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: (Rent or Own), How do you transport your equipment?

THIS!

And if my trike breaks, this is what I use

Quote Originally Posted by baller95 View Post
    Don't mind my cooler, its plenty of space for my equiptment!
    Your backup transportation in the background needs help!

-KLH
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Quote Originally Posted by KLH View Post
    Your backup transportation in the background needs help!

-KLH
    Ohh no it's just fine, that's incase I have to bring all my equiptment (wedding with over 1000 people, etc) so I get a friend to hook that other bike up to the back of my trailer and pedal with me for some extra power!

I've fit two powered speakers, tripods, table, 2 1200's, mixer, and two people in a small two door car.

Something to keep in mind for the OP, I had a Liberty and towed a 5x8 trailer, but I had to add a hitch extender because the back mounted spare tire wouldn't let me clamp down the tongue on the hitch. So I had to buy a short extender for my hitch.. this resulted in the weight of the trailer being pushed back and the front end being ever so slightly raised up.. nothing that you could see, but when driving down the interstate at 70 mph in the rain with a semi blasting by you it scares the shit out of you. They make trailer stablizers/levelers things (sorry, i can't remember the name) but be careful about what you tow with light SUV's.

I ended up trading it in for a 1/2 ton pickup. Moral of the story, just because you CAN tow something, doesn't mean you should. My rule of thumb is buy one level up from what you think you need. My next truck will be a 3/4 ton Diesel for this reason.