Quote Originally Posted by ben mills View Post
I use Traktor Scratch 2.0 with a Kontrol X1. The X1 is completely native to Traktor, so absolutely no mapping or compatibility issues for me.

I have never set a beat grid in my life. If you're manually mixing, there's no need for...so you can throw that concern away.

I'm like you - basic mixing with two decks. Traktor would be perfect for you. I don't get fancy with loops...just use them to extend my mixes on both ends and to time breaks, double drops, etc., to add another level to the mixing.

Perfect... makes sense. Of course I'd be manual so I guess that works perfectly.

It would be a great addition to your set up.
Ah, so you haven't upgraded to 2.5? The CV issues with 2.5 is what put me off Traktor.

As for the X1, I guess I did know that it was native. I guess is didn't remember what I was told exactly... I think it was just that mapping the X1 to Serato isn't difficult (without comparing it to Traktor).

So, I guess where I am at now is that it seems Serato platform is pretty stable in terms of upgrading whereas Traktor seems to have issues. Do you know if 2.5 CV issues have been resolved?