Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dnb anthems?

dnb anthems?

I can't seem to find a thread like this on here, but does anyone have a good list of drum and bass 'anthems' that you just have to have? I've only just recently started getting really hooked into the genre and have been having a bit of trouble finding good tracks. I'll cruise around youtube or mixcloud for a bit and then end up getting something like Rock It by Sub Focus and be blown away. I kind of like it that way since it's exciting, but at the same time with all the sub genres I feel like I might be missing good stuff and I'd like to really find what sub genres get me going. That thread up top really helped explain the differences and give artists to check out, so that's where I stand now

Between the way drum and bass can be so aggressive and chill at the same time, and showing me that my beatmatching skills are nowhere near where they need to be for setting up double drops and whatnot, it's like I've had my eyes opened to my new favorite genre

If I somehow overlooked a thread, sorry about that and feel free to delete this. Otherwise thanks!

Bad Company - The Nine

End Of

Anyone wishing to post videos in this thread please say what they above the video. Some of us don't want to waste our time playing each video to see what each track is

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
    Bad Company - The Nine
    That's really vying with Origin Unknown - Valley of the Shadows as one of the most overplayed DnB records ever.

Also anyone who posts 'Fugees or Not' should be lined up against a wall and shot.
    Last edited by BuddyUK; 07-20-2012 at 06:33 AM.

Subfocus- Airplane

As over played as this tune is, I still love it.

Ram Trilogy- Titan

Shy FX & T-Power

Dj SS- Lighter

I seriously think Lighter is up there being one of the most over played records EVAR

Q Project- Champion Sound(Total Science remix)

Either this or the original can go on the list as the most over played records as well

The Qemists - Stompbox (Spor Remix)

Probably this one. It contains a bit of neurofunk, jump-up, and everything else. Just a good dancefloor smasher, you cant go wrong with this one.

DJ Fresh - The Gatekeeper

As a flipside, this one is a classic one. Mixing that "WAM!" sound is really fun and quite hard as it seems a little bit "off-beat", can't really tell when its about to come.
    Last edited by Doppelganger; 07-21-2012 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Blackest View Post
    Subfocus- Airplane

Ram Trilogy- Titan CLASS

Shy FX & T-Power - Shake Your Body

Dj SS- Lighter WILL NEVER TIRE OF HEARING THIS
    Roni Size - Brown Paper Bag

Omni Trio - Renegade Snares (Foul Play Remix)

The original mix is probably better IMO but this is the one that get's played all time, it's still great.

Vinyl Syndicate - Man Of Steal

^^^CONTROVERSIAL!

Also probably every mix of Q Project - Champion Sound, there may have been a duff remix but the original Alliance one, the Total Science, Bad Company and Doc Scott are all GOLDEN.

The DJ SS remix of Champion Sound was my fav. When the amens came in it was an instant rewind. I have a One Nation tape of him playing it and it got rewound 4 times.

Never came out though.

Ray Keith- Terrorist

FIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!