Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: Improving music discovery for DJs, finding a way to manage the amount of releases

  1. #11
    BanHammer™ Manu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    8,519
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithBoynton View Post
    Not vinyl, since it's gone digital it's so much easier to release music hence the output has gone up hence the work to find the quality stuff has gone up!
    Aaaah I get it now, that did seem like a lot of records. I can't wait for next week, definitely going to go cop a few albums...
    SoundCloud ______ MixCloud
    "Wrong speed, we've got it on the wrong speed. For those of you who are recovering from a hangover, that's gonna sound just right. " - Robin Williams

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithBoynton View Post
    It's a balance I think, I agree being a producer too certainly helps you be unique and there's something in the middle ground where you "re-edit/re-mix" other people's stuff on the fly but personally I also love being blown away by someone else's music. That's where we get our inspiration and influence from at times, we get pushed in directions we never would have imagined ourselves.
    So you search 10k tracks a week looking for something that blows you away? Seems counter productive, imo. I see the need for an app and applaud (hey, applaud is a neat name for an app) your efforts in creating one. I prefer the emphasis being on the middle ground where you can play your own stuff and remix others on the fly. Like all the tracks you are exited by until the vocal comes in. Why not grab those beats, giving credit of course, and do something you're inspired by with them in a set? That's why auto beat matching is our friend as it can allow us to do so much more instead of speeding up and slowing down stuff.

    Hope you get find what you're looking for. Writing production/DJ blogs and mags could help. Mostly old timers on these forums
    Keeping up with DJs, clubs, and festivals to watch live as they happen from around the world. @thestreamlab Facebook

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzle View Post
    So you search 10k tracks a week looking for something that blows you away? Seems counter productive, imo. I see the need for an app and applaud (hey, applaud is a neat name for an app) your efforts in creating one.
    Often times there's a few gems in there that wouldn't have discovered otherwise, it's about surfacing them in a time saving way.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzle View Post
    I prefer the emphasis being on the middle ground where you can play your own stuff and remix others on the fly. Like all the tracks you are exited by until the vocal comes in. Why not grab those beats, giving credit of course, and do something you're inspired by with them in a set?
    Most definitely, I don't think they are mutually exclusive. We're on the same page I think.. playing a track and remixing on the fly both have their place in a set I think.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzle View Post
    Hope you get find what you're looking for. Writing production/DJ blogs and mags could help. Mostly old timers on these forums
    Thank you, good tips


    Keith
    Digital Music Discovery for DJs
    https://www.trackhunter.co.uk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
a