Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Help with speakers and amps

Everything checks out ok with the speakers. The only problem I have with running the crossover in 2-way stereo mode is that I will be running highs and mids to my jbl's that already have a built in crossover for lows, mids, and highs.(full range)
    I haven't tried it yet, but just doesn't make sense to put a crossover in front of a crossover. Can I safely split the signal before the CX3400? Then just use the CX3400 for the subs in mono on one branch of the split? Thus sending the other branch directly to my amps for the jbl's?

Don't do that. The passive crossovers send whatever frequencies that are input to them to the appropriate drivers. The CX 3400 sends the lows to the lows amps and midbass and up to the mains amps so that neither is amplifying signal that it shouldn't be. It's two completely different functions.
    Bill Fitzmaurice
    Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Yeah don't do that. Because your subs are horn loaded if you run the JBLs fullrange there will be significant bass cancellation, you want to minimize the amount of overlap between the boxes and that is exactly what the active crossover does.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

Well shoot. Is there any way to connect this system right? To get the best sound with what equipment I have? I am coming out of the mixer in two channels (left & right), and then thru a graffic EQ, then thru a sonic maximizer, then to the CX3400.
    I then have 4 QSC2450's and 2 QSC EX4000's for power amps.
    There has got to be a simple solution here. Do I need to pay some one in my area to come out and do it for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Darman View Post
    There has got to be a simple solution here.
    There is. Sub amps are easy, connect the Left low out from the crossover to one of the EX4000s and the Right Low out to other.

Do the same with the high outs, connect the Left crossover High out to the first RMX2450 for the Left channel and same for the right. Now to get signal to the second pair of amps simply run a short 1/4 TRS patch cable from the first amp to the second. done.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

Here is a sketch of what I'm talking about...

[IMG]PA hookup by paul, on Flickr[/IMG]
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

And run the crossover in 2 way stereo mode?

Yes..
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

Just as I said 30 posts ago...
    Bill Fitzmaurice
    Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Quote Originally Posted by conanski View Post
    Yes..
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Fitzmaurice View Post
    Just as I said 30 posts ago...
    This forum really needs a like button....

I did have a question regarding the wiring, curiosity really. The amp allows you to connect a source to one input(XLR), and the TRS for that input can, or also functions as a passthru? I was looking at the dip switch settings and couldn't see where that was a selection.
    Last edited by shoot summ; 09-02-2020 at 07:49 PM.