View Poll Results: Who should be the winner of this battle?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Video 1

2 100.00%
  • Video 2

0 0%

Thread: Video Battle: ATrain vs TheRabbitMonk (open genre)

Video Battle: ATrain vs TheRabbitMonk (open genre)

Video 1
    Download link
    Stream link

Video 2
    Download link
    Steam link

Rules:
    15 to 20 mins
    Hip-Hop, Downtempo, Jazz, Funk, House, Dubstep or whatever
    Open format

Call out thread
    http://www.djforums.com/forums/showt...-other-thread)
    Last edited by JonAvalon; 02-06-2016 at 02:45 PM.

Thanks for setting it up, Java.

Thanks for battling, rabbit.

GL. will watch yours later today!

I had these on on Saturday night not long after they went up, I didn't get round to writing anything at the time because it was way past my bed time for me getting up for work the next day.

To be brutally honest I wasn't keen on either opening track and I went from one mix to the other straight away and at first thinking I'm not going to enjoy either of these mixes. But I carried on with them and I'm really glad I did because in both sets I heard tunes and transitions I loved.

I voted for mix one because I started to enjoy the mix and the tune selection earlier on into the set. I also found myself watching much more of the video to see the mixing, especially the cheeky bootlegging in the middle which I won't spoil the surprise for others.

Good work and clean mixing from both though and certainly recommend to everyone else to jump on this. I hope this gets a bit more traction as from reading the call out thread, it was a long time coming!
    * Follow me on Twitter * My latest mixes on Soundcloud / Hear This * All downloads on Hulkshare *
    andymunro.blogspot.co.uk for my tracklistings and links to my 320k mp3 downloads

I voted for mix no 1 for two reasons; First, the music played in the mix was more to my liking. Second, the mixing was a bit more creative and there was a bit of scratching going on.

Good job to the both of you

Mix 1 - First transition had me saying "Hell yeah" and bobbing my head. Track selection was pretty sweet, but I could have done without baby got back, transition out of that was a bit questionable. Levels of Prince of Bel Air sounded a bit off but that could just be cause of the tracks age, but the mashup mix-out thing you had going with it was just a bit messy for my likes. Party and bullshit mix out in to black sheep was ever so slightly off a bit. Other than that, super solid. I dug it!

Mix 2 - The scratching at 2min was off, think you could have gone without that, those controllers suck for that stuff. Around 5:40, that track was badly EG'd by you, whoever produced it, or it was a crap download. Just sounds crunchy. 10min, sloppy phrasing / key matching. 11:30, again something sounds very thin, the cut out of that track was abrupt, but glad to hear it go away. At 15 min, no need for that rewind thing you did. 16:05, tune sounds crap quality. 18:04, bad transition. Gonna stop here.

Mix 1 takes it

Annnnd I just realized I missed the deadline to vote. Sorry!

Cheers for listening and voting.
    Baby got back mix, agreed it's out of place, but wanted to do the mix, also start track and mix I agree are questionable, but really like the reggae techno flavor.Mix had a few moments but didn't feel the worth in doing it again as I didn't think it would get that many listens. I was right, atrain cheers for the battle bro. Rep to all who took the time.