Thread: B52 Matrix active to power speaker

B52 Matrix active to power speaker

Hello, I have a gig that has 250 people. The room is very larger and my current speakers b52 v1000 matrix will not do any good. I can’t afford to buy new speakers so I rented 2 power speakers and a mixer. I’m being told that the power speakers will run to the mixer and connect to my existing PA, since they both have and in and out. I’m so nervous about blowing my speakers and the rentals. Could someone help me? Should I connect the power speaker to my subwoofer and mixer?

RCA jacks only.
    Line Out to Line In and you will be fine.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

Quote Originally Posted by DJsistas View Post
    I’m being told that the power speakers will run to the mixer and connect to my existing PA, since they both have and in and out.
    Exactly what powered speakers and mixer did you rent? If everything is as you say then yes it will all interconnect no problem (with XLR cables) but we need specifics on the gear.
    Last edited by conanski; 11-21-2019 at 08:59 PM.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

My current speakers, is a B52 Matrix V 1000, I have a numark Mixtrack Pro 3 controller. I rented a behringer QX1002 Behringer mixer and Opera DB Technologies 1200W. I hope this help..

Quote Originally Posted by DJsistas View Post
    My current speakers, is a B52 Matrix V 1000, I have a numark Mixtrack Pro 3 controller. I rented a behringer QX1002 Behringer mixer and Opera DB Technologies 1200W. I hope this help..

So... not the best choice in a mixer.. ideally you want something with balanced XLR outputs because long unbalanced connections can pickup noise . If swapping it isn't an option you will need a couple different cables, you want 1 pair of RCA to 1/4" cables to connect the mixtrack to the QX1002, then you need two long 1/4 to XLR cables to connect from the main outputs of the Behringer to the inputs on your Matrix sub, and lastly another pair of long XLR cables to connect from the link outs on the sub to the DB Tech speakers.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com