Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rep etiquette

I think there may also be a limit on how much rep you can receive in one day, because i've had people tell me mine isn't working.

For some reason when a couple of people tried to give me rep today, they pressed "add to reputation" balloons popped up onto their screen but then nothing happened in terms of reputation.

It's pretty cool... try it
    Please take a look at (and feel free to follow) my soundcloud
    http://soundcloud.com/alexreeduk
    And PLEASE like my facebook page, would mean a lot!

Okay thanks again. Looks like a good amount of thought went into the rep system. Another reason I like DJF.

Quote Originally Posted by alexreedDJ View Post
    I think there may also be a limit on how much rep you can receive in one day, because i've had people tell me mine isn't working.

For some reason when a couple of people tried to give me rep today, they pressed "add to reputation" balloons popped up onto their screen but then nothing happened in terms of reputation.

It's pretty cool... try it
    I didnt want you to miss out on all the nice rep comments, so I gave you some neg rep to make room for more
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Troy View Post
    If I was only willing to listen to music *I* like, then I wouldn't be a mobile DJ, I'd just get a Pandora subscription.

^No ,you didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by allensmusic View Post
    I didnt want you to miss out on all the nice rep comments, so I gave you some neg rep to make room for more
    ^No, you didn't.
    Shhh... don't make him actually do it
    Please take a look at (and feel free to follow) my soundcloud
    http://soundcloud.com/alexreeduk
    And PLEASE like my facebook page, would mean a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by alexreedDJ View Post
    Shhh... don't make him actually do it
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by KLH View Post
    [Mod Note: This thread has been stuck. -KLH]

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by djeternal View Post
    Okay thanks again. Looks like a good amount of thought went into the rep system. Another reason I like DJF.
    I don't like the rep system here.

I don't think negative rep achieves anything other than causing friction between people. It would be better to just have a "like" button you can click if you think a post is good/helpful/funny.

I think you have to spread too much rep around before you can rep the same people twice.

I think hiding who left rep unless you pay is pretty snidey, plus it increases the number of people who leave anonymous neg rep.

I think the levels to hit each star rating are too low.

I think the "rep boosting" thread in VIP makes the concept of rep even more worthless and not only that, it's kinda pushed as a reason to pay for VIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    I don't like the rep system here.

I don't think negative rep achieves anything other than causing friction between people. It would be better to just have a "like" button you can click if you think a post is good/helpful/funny.

I think you have to spread too much rep around before you can rep the same people twice.

I think hiding who left rep unless you pay is pretty snidey, plus it increases the number of people who leave anonymous neg rep.

I think the levels to hit each star rating are too low.

I think the "rep boosting" thread in VIP makes the concept of rep even more worthless and not only that, it's kinda pushed as a reason to pay for VIP.
    I think they thought of most if not all of the points you mentioned. For better a worse I still think a lot of thought went into it

I don't really ever neg rep people. If I decide to deride someone I'd rather have a public showing of the verbal flogging I'm handing out so everyone can see it