Thread: They have arrived.

They have arrived.

BillESC
    Lighting, Sound & Video since 1973
    804-435-6858 [email][bill@entsyscorp.com]

I knew it... I knew they would eventually update the ELX line. So looks like there are now 2 series with composite enclosures, ZLX and ELX200, and 2 with wood enclosures, EKX and ETX. And I wondered if EV was going to make a stick speakers system too.. seems everybody is jumping on that bandwagon. I personally don't care for them, heard the Turbosound IP2000 recently and wasn't overly impressed. The sub sounds nice but the top sounded strained even at moderate volume, it just doesn't have the smoothness I'm used to from the Yamaha DXR for example. One thing Turbo did get right with the IP is the stick mounting system.. very beefy and solid feeling when connected, way better than the cheap flimsy crap you get with a Bose compact. Hard to believe people pay real money for that junk.
    Last edited by conanski; 08-10-2017 at 09:37 AM.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

Quote Originally Posted by conanski View Post
    I knew it... I knew they would eventually update the ELX line. So looks like there are now 2 series with composite enclosures, ZLX and ELX200, and 2 with wood enclosures, EKX and ETX. And I wondered if EV was going to make a stick speakers system too.. seems everybody is jumping on that bandwagon. I personally don't care for them, heard the Turbosound IP2000 recently and wasn't overly impressed. The sub sounds nice but the top sounded strained even at moderate volume, it just doesn't have the smoothness I'm used to from the Yamaha DXR for example. One thing Turbo did get right with the IP is the stick mounting system.. very beefy and solid feeling when connected, way better than the cheap flimsy crap you get with a Bose compact. Hard to believe people pay real money for that junk.
    I love my Iq12's

The DSP and networking makes it. Damn good sounding for the money, too. They were $500 each!

There really needs to be a way to compare speaker output online. I wonder how they compare to my RCF Art-10's output wise.
    Hewlett Packard the backbone of Apple data centers.
    I will not read anything in Comic sans

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown DJ View Post
    There really needs to be a way to compare speaker output online.
    There is. They're called 'charts'. Too bad they don't exist for most products.
    Bill Fitzmaurice
    Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Is the Evolve 50 an entry level setup like the old B52 Matrix v1000s? I can't find any info on them.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Quote Originally Posted by KLH View Post
    I can't find any info on them.
    The official release hasn't happened yet... supposed to be in a weeks time or something like that.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

My understanding is they are not going to be cheap entry level column speakers. I would expect to see some actual specs next week when they are more formally announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Fitzmaurice View Post
    There is. They're called 'charts'. Too bad they don't exist for most products.
    And there not always measured the same way.

We need something like http://www.data-bass.com/home for P.A. speakers.
    Hewlett Packard the backbone of Apple data centers.
    I will not read anything in Comic sans

Quote Originally Posted by UHD View Post
    My understanding is they are not going to be cheap entry level column speakers.
    Agreed. As mentioned EV is pretty late to this stick speaker game now but they aren't in the business of building crap sounding speakers just to get a piece of market share so I expect them to be very good.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com