Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Brands: What to Stay Away From, What To Consider

Add Formula Sound (UK) mixers Quested Speakers ATC monitors & Sennheiser headphones

You should add Formula Sound (UK) [based in Cheshire] to the pro quality & install categories for DJ mixers: high quality analogue units with different configurations depending on model. I use a PM90 (previous model to their current PM100) with external PSU and top quality circuitry. I have no affiliations with the company. Decks.co.uk i.e. Sapphires list the Formula Sound FF6000 "The features and layout of the FF-6000 were determined in collaboration with leading loudspeaker manufacturers Funktion One, who canvassed many DJs world wide on their requirements". For DJ studio monitoring add Quested Speakers (Roger Quested) and ATC monitors. Both Studio grade excellence that can take extended professional SP levels and provide outstanding insight into the mix. Add Sennheisser to pro headphones (cans) for Sennheiser HD-25C-II Dual Band Headphone model. Mine have lasted 17 years daily use just with replaced headband pads and velour ear protectors.

Quote Originally Posted by SeveBC View Post
    You should add Formula Sound to the pro quality & install categories for DJ mixers: For DJ studio monitoring add Quested Speakers (Roger Quested) and ATC monitors. Both Studio grade excellence that can take extended professional SP levels and provide outstanding insight into the mix. Add Sennheisser to pro headphones (cans) for Sennheiser HD-25C-II Dual Band Headphone model.
    As mentioned in the original post, this list is not including DJ equipment and studio equipment - so will leave out ATC and Quested monitors. I am also leaving companies that make primarily microphones/headphones out of the list, so that would include Sennheiser. There is another section of the forum for this type of gear.

Formula sound does make some live sound system protection devices, in addition to their DJ mixers (if you read earlier posts you'll see we are leaving out DJ mixers as there is another section of the forum for them) - any other opinions on adding Formula Sound to the Pro Install grade level?
    "If Bad Sound Were Fatal, Audio Would Be the Leading Cause of Death" - Don Davis (SynAudCon)

Everyone has an opinion and here is mine for what it's worth.
    1. Pyle Pro: I have a pair of wireless microphones and I love them. They sound as good to me as anything Sennhauser(?) ever made.
    2. Behringer: I have a 15 watt practice amp that outperforms ams with 20 times the power.

This list is absolutely amazing. It needs a update and repost. I always show people this list when they ask me about speakers.

now i'm sure this has been said before in this posting, i only read about 2 pages before i decided to post but branding an entire company based on a few crappy models is slightly unfair. for example i have a a few Peavey cs-400's and i absolutely adore them. sure they make great boat anchors but they are nearly explosion proof. where as i obtained a PV-4c a few years ago and to be honest it is complete garbage. along those lines, i have an older Gemini XP-800 amplifier. it has all the bells and whistles of the cs-400's, 2 speed fan, bridgeable and weighs in about the same and it's a beast that holds it's own against my crowns. it was on sub duty until recently when i retooled that part of my setup and needed slightly more power

oh and you should add rockwood and epic audio to your list of garbage. i bought a few pieces of each and the epic stuff was ok after i put in about $100 worth of crossovers and compression drivers but normal people don't do that