Thread: Stanton cmp.800 vs denon dn-s1200 player ?

Stanton cmp.800 vs denon dn-s1200 player ?

I'm looking at both of theses CD players to buy and would like to hear your views on each one.

How about built quality ?

The Denon is a little higher in price about 50.00 $

Thanks for any input you can give me !

It is good to hear someone mention the Stanton CMP.800. I tested one several months ago at a music store, and came way with a positive impression. The panel controls were completely mapped to Traktor, and it worked perfectly. It reminded me of a modern version of the Pioneer CDJ-400. I am surprise the product is not more popular.

The main downfall, that I can recall, is the user screen does not display waveforms, which may or may not be important to an end user. If used with a DVS, then, it is definitely not an issue. Also, the acceptable file format is limited to mp3 and CD audio, if I remember correctly.

Overall, the platter felt sturdy and the controls are setup in a logical manner. I also believe that two units can be linked to share a single USB drive, which is not available on all Pioneer models.

I would definitely look for some of the written and video reviews on the web.

Edit: Below is a good review by DJ Blaze from DJ Booth.Net:

Last edited by DJ Retro Blaze; 02-18-2013 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Add review link

I forgot all about Staton's cmp.800, and for the price I've seen on Amazon it's a good value.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Retro Blaze View Post
    It is good to hear someone mention the Stanton CMP.800. I tested one several months ago, and came way with a positive impression. The panel controls were completely mapped to Traktor, and it worked perfectly. It reminded me of a modern version of the Pioneer CDJ-400. I am surprise the product is not more popular.

The main downfall, that I can recall, is the user screen does not display waveforms, which may or may not be important to an end user. If used with a DVS, then, it is definitely not an issue. Also, the acceptable file format is limited to mp3 and CD audio, if I remember correctly.

Overall, the platter felt sturdy and the controls are setup in a logical manner. I also believe that two units can be linked to share a single USB drive, which is not available on all Pioneer models.

I would definitely look for some of the written and video reviews on the web.
    Did you think it was built good ?

I just pickup a Stanton DJC.4 Virtual DJ Digital Workstation and the build quality was great !

Metal frame and little plastic in the unit, hoping the CMP800 is the same quality ??

Quote Originally Posted by scomeau1 View Post
    Did you think it was built good ?

I just pickup a Stanton DJC.4 Virtual DJ Digital Workstation and the build quality was great !

Metal frame and little plastic in the unit, hoping the CMP800 is the same quality ??
    Yes, I thought the build quality was good, based on my limited time with the CMP.800. However, the housing is basically all hard plastic, as well as the Pioneer CDJs. Most, if not all, the buttons are plastic, too. If I recall correctly, the knobs are rubber, but I wish all of the buttons were rubber or metal.

Overall, for the price, the CMP.800 is awesome, and very adaptable to various DJ setups. As mentioned earlier, I honestly have no idea why they are not more popular.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Retro Blaze View Post
    Yes, I thought the build quality was good, based on my limited time with the CMP.800. However, the housing is basically all hard plastic, as well as the Pioneer CDJs. Most, if not all, the order buttons are plastic, too. If I recall correctly, the knobs are rubber, but I wish all of the buttons were rubber or metal.

Overall, for the price, the CMP.800 is awesome, and very adaptable to various DJ setups. As mentioned earlier, I honestly have no idea why they are not more popular.
    Thank you for your input on the CMP800

I am going to order one tonight as I think it's a great match for the Stanton DJC.4 Virtual DJ Digital Workstation that I just bought for the new DJ system that I am building.

Scott