Thread: This annoys me sometimes...

This annoys me sometimes...

[RANT]Just yesterday I was at uni and people were presenting their seminars, and one guy talked about electronic music and what it does for you, and to you, including emotional or physical changes to your body. But what annoyed me was that, even when he was fully interested in EDM, he didn't exactly know what DJ meant. If you are interested in DJing or producing, just try and learn some history, OK? And also, his imagination seemed to be limited to only the "Top 10 DJ's" according to DJ Mag or whatever. Sounding like it was a competition in the first place, lol.

Disc jockey meaning.[/RANT]

I had to go to a uni seminar (Music business and industry) once, it included 4 girls doing a presentation/report of the British X-Factor TV show. Raving about how great it was for the music industry blah dee blah on and on for 30 minutes, and how it saved the British culture etc.

Then it was question time. I quickly grilled them on a couple of trick questions while telling them this was for the purpose of going to the point, and that's when I asked the killer question: "Do you like watching the X-Factor?". The collective bemused look of them, verging on sheer embarrassment. They just didn't know whether to admit to watch and like it (and come across as a bunch of doofuses) , or simply as I suspected: not watch it and defeat the whole presentation. I instantly killed the 250 people present in the room that day.

Some people just don't have a clue of what they're trying to explain, or expose...
    Last edited by Manu; 11-03-2017 at 04:51 AM.

Isn't the "X-Factor" just a talent show?
    If so, why would someone be embarrassed to admit to watching a talent show?

The talent show is my 2nd favorite thing at county fairs. (The demolition derby is my favorite.)
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Windows 95 View Post
    If so, why would someone be embarrassed to admit to watching a talent show?
    Because the room was full of people who know how damaging it is to the music industry in the UK, while the girls were presenting it as the next best thing since sliced bread. The Music business lecturer was cringing as much as everyone else. I don't think you're quite familiar with that show.

Well it did save the music industry... As in the industry that already existed and became heavily involved in the show. But, British music industry as a whole would of been better off with out it.

To expand. The current industry of the late 90's was heavily wounded. They couldn't push the next Spice Girls or Boy bad, no matter how much money was thrown at them. No one cared anymore. The underground was thriving, everywhere, both electronic and acoustic. Thanks to your lot (american big wigs) ignoring the potential of the internet. It was their fault they lost billions to Napster, Lime wire etc. If they weren't too busy playing golf and scared of change, they could of built a platform like itunes, better than itunes way before it's birth. I mean when that tech guy came in and pitch them the idea, infinite resale of every record you've ever released with no extra production cost, repress. Totally destroys second hand market as there's nothing to ressell. Christmas number ones returning as such with no label input. 10 years in the future entire back catalogues reviving because of which ever film/show/car advert featured a track, again no input or extra cost to the label. Who ever said no to that idea deserved to lose millions. Unfortunately most of the loss was passed on to cut back else where.

Back to Xfactor... He was a genius. The talent show already existed. It's how they found the next band, girl, what ever to stuff in one of the many studio and throw loads of money at, gallivanting them round the UK, promoting BS! And, where was most of the cost. Promotion, getting the people to like, care about the ACT. All the auditions mostly a pain, the OMG, we should film this. That moment! Not only did it come up with the best way for us to care about the fake arse acts again, putting some soul back into them, but it shifted the cost onto the customer before getting the final product, what with voting and adverts etc! True genius. It saved their arse!!!

My rant, lol!!!
    Last edited by mitchiemasha; 11-03-2017 at 02:51 PM.