Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Submissions Area - What's new

Post Submissions Area - What's new

A few things to note when posting a mix or production in the submission areas of the forums.

Thread prefixes:
    When starting a new thread, you will need to choose the appropriate genre prefix. (we are not breaking things down to a million sub-genres, however if there is the need for a new thread prefix, please let us know.)

thread_prefix.jpg

What is a thread prefix? The thread prefix will label the genre you choose when starting the thread.

genretags.jpg

Thread ratings:
    - Thread rating is also back for this area of the forums. If you listen to a submission, please also remember to rate it based on your thoughts. Also feedback is always appreciated by all. Am going to see about automating something to have the most rated submissions scrubbed each month and posted to an area on the main page.

Soundcloud & Mixcloud (still sorting mixcloud linking though)

minus the "*'s as shown in the below example;
    [*soundcloud*]http://soundcloud.com/user/mixname[*/soundcloud*]

[*mixcloud*]*url*[*/mixcloud*]

Hi
    Do you remember on the old site that we had a sticky from Preston Young for tips on submitting mixes here? If that's still around, it would be great to get it re-posted?

Hello - May I suggest adding a prefix option for "Multi-genre" or perhaps "Various". I just posted up a few mixes today and struggled to find an appropriate prefix since the content contains several multiple primary genres and I would presume others here would may be submitting the same type of mixes and find a prefix like one of the ones I mentioned helpful for classification.

$0.02 and some pocket lint.

Banned
    Can you add Soul and Funk (as separate entries) to the genre list please?

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Co-sign on this. Thought it was strange that these primary genres (Funk & Soul) were missing. Another big main category I'd think should be included is Latin.

Quote Originally Posted by [O/][iii][O/] View Post
    Co-sign on this. Thought it was strange that these primary genres (Funk & Soul) were missing. Another big main category I'd think should be included is Latin.
    I'd be down for a "Funky" catagory, which would also cover Soul, IMO, and the subcat jackin. Latin though?

Quote Originally Posted by Rothgery View Post
    I'd be down for a "Funky" catagory, which would also cover Soul, IMO, and the subcat jackin.
    Soul is not Funk. For starters the rhythms are completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Rothgery View Post
    Latin though?
    Yes, Latin. It's a big enough subject to merit it's own category and would cover a huge spectrum of related sub-genres (many of them heavy in dance scenes) >>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_American_music

Ever heard of Salsa? Bossa Nova? Samba? Tango? Brazilian Jazz? etc., etc.
    Last edited by [O/][iii][O/]; 02-06-2012 at 08:53 PM.

Hello - May I suggest adding a prefix option for "Multi-genre" or perhaps "Various". I just posted up a few mixes today and struggled to find an appropriate prefix since the content contains several multiple primary genres and I would presume others here would may be submitting the same type of mixes and find a prefix like one of the ones I mentioned helpful for classification.

$0.02 and some pocket lint.
    Great idea, and Various is now there

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Done

Added

also going to work on thread tags when I have a moment (thanks Sigma). It should help when searching for a type of mix.

There is also a couple of threads discussing the renaming of the subgenre's under the genre sections. Suggestions are always welcome there as well.