Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Consumables" The stuff we will always have to buy at one time or another.

Quote Originally Posted by andymunro View Post
    How long have you had them for? It was the ear pads that had just fell to pieces, from months of me sweating on them 6 hours a night and they weren't replaceable, I kept them going for about 18 months afterwards, but finally the arm snapped holding the cup onto the headband and I had to give them a funeral.
    Ahem...20 years.

Although to be honest recently it was the missus that stole them from me for using with her laptop.
    I use stuff like Grado for my laptop, so the Senns have taken a backseat and are only for occasional mixing these days.
    I even have some HD25BA given to me by someone who worked for BA in the Concorde days.
    Out of all the items I have bought in DJing they are the ones that live up to the hype and I am quite happy giving to my young daughter to mess around with, safe in the knowledge that they can take any abuse.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

Fair play, I'm very impressed with that durability!

My mate is struggling to let go of his old Sony's can't remember which model because the ear pads and headband cushioning has worn down to the bones of it. He likes my new technics, but I'll certainly recommend him to look at them.
    * Follow me on Twitter * My latest mixes on Soundcloud / Hear This * All downloads on Hulkshare *
    andymunro.blogspot.co.uk for my tracklistings and links to my 320k mp3 downloads

Quote Originally Posted by andymunro View Post
    It was the ear pads that had just fell to pieces,
    A lot of headphone have ear pads you can buy for them. I've replaced the ear pads on my Sennheiser HD 280 PRO headphones several times over the years. You just peal off the old ear pads & stick on the new ones.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Windows 95 View Post
    A lot of headphone have ear pads you can buy for them. I've replaced the ear pads on my Sennheiser HD 280 PRO headphones several times over the years. You just peal off the old ear pads & stick on the new ones.
    I bought some cheap pads from amazon for my hd-25's.

One year on them, and they're still mint. Not bad for $20. I like the fake leather more than the swede, more isolation and sweat wipes off and isn't absorbed in. Liked my 25's so much I bought a pair of Amperiors to game with!

Quote Originally Posted by Windows 95 View Post
    These ones I have now are the first set I've owned that I I know i can get the replacement pads, so just the headphone pads should be considered as a consumable then.
    * Follow me on Twitter * My latest mixes on Soundcloud / Hear This * All downloads on Hulkshare *
    andymunro.blogspot.co.uk for my tracklistings and links to my 320k mp3 downloads

yea my senn hd25II's are still going strong like 7 years later. My m44-7's can take any type of beating i throw at it with the only thing needing replacing is the stylus.
    This signature has been censored. - PCWO

what kind of mixer do you have?
    This signature has been censored. - PCWO

Gaffers tape.. it is like black gold. Don't let that roll out of your sight!

Quote Originally Posted by light-o-matic View Post
    Gaffers tape.. it is like black gold. Don't let that roll out of your sight!
    For the one really large production I do a year, It gets locked up: and you gotta beg for it!

Lose a roll, and your now THAT guy!

Quote Originally Posted by djknowledge View Post
    yea my senn hd25II's are still going strong like 7 years later. My m44-7's can take any type of beating i throw at it with the only thing needing replacing is the stylus.
    Man, the stylii on the m44 series is thin walled and flimsy.

I've never bent a ortofon. I've bent many a shure (and I'm careful with them.)