Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Budget Equipment Appreciation Thread.

^ Gotta love that good ole 626, solid workhorse.
    http://www.djforums.com/forums/attac...2&d=1330279224
    Twitter - Soundcloud- Youtube
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonitz
    I love me some MEAT!

I don't have anything to contribute on experience, but the feedback and price on the Denon DN-X120 has secured me a purchase - top quality thread!

Want to build an outdoor ceremony rack that is both powerful but light try these components. A proper ceremony system will have a decent amp a pair of molded speakers (to battle the outdoor elements) and a microphone system that is flexible with great range. This system can also be a backup system if you main system goes down.
    Here are the components that I suggest.

Amp

Microphone System

Speakers

Rack

Microphone Mixer/preamp

Optional EQ.

Speaker Stands

This setup would make a fine ceromony system on a budget.

I had that 626 as well

this maybe a wierd example but
    i have heard behrenger 15" monitors sounding pretty good for salsa music when driven hard, they kinda make the bass sound better than the original song, many of which songs were recorded back in the 1970s with weaker bass than they need

but the 10" sound horrible in that regard

hercules rmx, is a good budget piece of kit

and i used to have a set of "omnitronic" belt drive decks years ago which were surprisingly excellent to mix on

Quote Originally Posted by fueledbymusic View Post
    What do you use now? since you sold the cdi500s
    Numark Axis 4s. I got a brand new pair, with warranty and free shipping, for $79 each. Can't beat it.
    Everybody is going to have an opinion.
    Just do your thing to the best of your ability and have fun with it.

[SIGPIC]http://www.ustream.tv/channel/faderwave-radio[/SIGPIC]

Pretty crappy crossfader, but a good, clean sound and basically no headroom…which is perfect for a beginner, because it'll teach you to watch your damn levels.

Same but 2 channels and even cheaper.

Best cheap sound card on the planet. Pretty low latency and rock solid drivers (on OS X…no idea about windows). Can't do DVS, but if you're using controllers or leaning with the keyboard/mouse and want to be able to cue, it's a winner. Add an X1, a mixer (like above), and your existing laptop…and you've got a Traktor LE setup for ~$500 that will sound about as good as anything out there and easily let you learn.
    Last edited by mostapha; 02-13-2012 at 08:37 AM.

I hate to put this out there but I have used the same set of tech 12s for 24 years without a problem, That is a value.
    I also run an American audio versa and ms pinky software ($220 total) which is a great dvs setup for the price.

My newest budjet purchase. 1/4in to 1/4 inch patch cables. Made the old fashioned retro way with woven frabric sheeth. $12 a pair shipped.

That seems really expensive a 1/4inch cable.