Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Budget Equipment Appreciation Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Michael View Post
    I bought this piece when building my second setup, I got it for $50 shipped. It treated me good for the year I used it, never gave me any problems and did exactly what it was supposed to. The only catch is the effects are garbage, and the external effect loop does not work at all lol. Then again I imagine those of you on budget do not have external effects unit so it is not a big deal. But honestly for $50-100 it is not a bad pick up, and in that price range I would not expect the effects to be good.
    Did you buy it off ebay? Because I sold mine a while ago for that much... maybe I sold it to you heh

Quote Originally Posted by Damon_Chambers View Post
    is this strictly dj related or just anything in general? cause you know... this is OT.
    Moved to Beginners.
    Everybody is going to have an opinion.
    Just do your thing to the best of your ability and have fun with it.

[SIGPIC]http://www.ustream.tv/channel/faderwave-radio[/SIGPIC]

Best budget mixer I've ever used. The cross fader is shit for scratching, but everything else is awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc S View Post
    lmao. half this website could be lazy-o's dad

Banned
    Are there any good sub-£500 scratch mixers these days? There used to be a few, but DJ gear seems to have shot way up in price over the last few years.

People say that the American Audio QD5 MKII is a good cheap scratch mixer, but I've never touched one
    lmao. half this website could be lazy-o's dad

Quote Originally Posted by fueledbymusic View Post
    GREAT THREAD! This is a thread we really need!

I personnally cannot get why many here suggests the very pricey stuff. They are great! But its not so much for weather we cant afford the high end stuff or not. Not everybody needs or wants the best one in the world. It should depend on what you really actually need the equipment for. For instance. If you want to start a business. Thats when to get the good stuff. If its for once in a while private parties. You dont need a pair of JBL SRX728s and a pair of $1000 each tops just for that.. Do you?.
    I never really understood the use of pricey equitment until I purchased some. Having used a few different budget/cheap pieces over the years it really helps me appreciate the good stuff. I at one point had a pair of Gemini CD players, they did the job but didn't do it well. Lag on almost all functions, They featured looping but when exiting or entering a loop there was a pause in the music. It seems like all budget gear has flaws where as the pricey stuff woraks exactly as it should.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanHadgis View Post
    Did you buy it off ebay? Because I sold mine a while ago for that much... maybe I sold it to you heh
    I did buy it off ebay lol, like 2 and a half or three years ago. It may have been you!

cockroaches and these will survive a nuclear attack only

Quote Originally Posted by Hausgeist View Post
    Moved to Beginners.
    not sure why its beginners? better in general i think, since most of the people posting are not beginners.

not sure why its beginners? better in general i think, since most of the people posting are not beginners.
    I reckon beginners are generally the ones wanting to know what kind of gear they can get for a pickle and a bit of string.
    Everybody is going to have an opinion.
    Just do your thing to the best of your ability and have fun with it.

[SIGPIC]http://www.ustream.tv/channel/faderwave-radio[/SIGPIC]