Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: Budget Equipment Appreciation Thread.

They're utter rubbish, no torque whatsoever. weakest decks I ever tried, and I did use a few belt drives in my time.

They seem to be decent, ive looked for reviews but not much has come up... i can get them with the standard mixer for £150

i brought some KAM DDX700's for £150 with huge stand for my vinyl with mixer, amp and speakers but the kams are pretty poor probably their age but its lasted a while just want some alright decks for practicing on at home

but im not as naive now i kind of know what im looking out for he wont go lower than 150 though

Quote Originally Posted by keenen_obv View Post
    They seem to be decent, ive looked for reviews but not much has come up... i can get them with the standard mixer for £150

i brought some KAM DDX700's for £150 with huge stand for my vinyl with mixer, amp and speakers but the kams are pretty poor probably their age but its lasted a while just want some alright decks for practicing on at home

but im not as naive now i kind of know what im looking out for he wont go lower than 150 though
    If you are in the UK I would suggest looking on the local classifieds/ebay for a pair of used Vestax PDX2000s (preferably mk2s). You can get a decent pair of mk2s for £200 if not less. Far better than pretty much anything else you will get in that price range, with almost twice the torque of a Technics mk2, straight tone arm, ultra pitch (+/-50%), start/stop time adjust, reverse etc, and built like tanks (keep in mind they were the main Technics rival for many years).

Heck if you weren't too far away I'd probably sell you my pair of mk2s for less than £200- they've been sat in flight-cases in the cupboard since April last year purely because I don't currently have space for them

Either way, they would be the turntables I would be looking at in the sub- £200 bracket. Unless you could find a used pair of Super OEMs for a similar price then nothing else is going to come close. I can't see anyway what-so-ever that a pair of those Sony TTs are worth £150! I'm pretty sure my old Gemini SA600mk2 has more torque and that is worth about £30...

Quote Originally Posted by Irrational_Fear View Post
    If you are in the UK I would suggest looking on the local classifieds/ebay for a pair of used Vestax PDX2000s (preferably mk2s). You can get a decent pair of mk2s for £200 if not less. Far better than pretty much anything else you will get in that price range, with almost twice the torque of a Technics mk2, straight tone arm, ultra pitch (+/-50%), start/stop time adjust, reverse etc, and built like tanks (keep in mind they were the main Technics rival for many years).

Heck if you weren't too far away I'd probably sell you my pair of mk2s for less than £200- they've been sat in flight-cases in the cupboard since April last year purely because I don't currently have space for them

Either way, they would be the turntables I would be looking at in the sub- £200 bracket. Unless you could find a used pair of Super OEMs for a similar price then nothing else is going to come close. I can't see anyway what-so-ever that a pair of those Sony TTs are worth £150! I'm pretty sure my old Gemini SA600mk2 has more torque and that is worth about £30...
    cheers mate just had a quick look on gumtree

they do seem like a better buy

ill be more than happy to travel to oxford if you think theyre worth buying

Quote Originally Posted by keenen_obv View Post
    cheers mate just had a quick look on gumtree

they do seem like a better buy

ill be more than happy to travel to oxford if you think theyre worth buying
    No worries, if you wanted to PM me your email address I'd be happy to send you a few pictures of them if you like? That way you could have a think before making a decision to travel down. I haven't got them advertised anywhere so they aren't going to go anytime soon. I haven't really had any intention of selling them but in all honesty I still have 3 other TTs including a pair of 1210s and it sounds like they could be ideal for you
    Last edited by Irrational_Fear; 02-13-2015 at 06:53 AM.

The Pioneer DDJ-SB2 is very good value for money. Pioneer stuff usually lasts a while too.

Not exactly DJ equipment, I bought 2 of these back in 1995 ($160 each at an AF PX) and used them for 10 years (with a Citronic SM450 mixer from the 80s) and they could take a beating without any hickups..would not play over 16x write CDRs though and by 2003 most burners would do 48x.

It depends on your budget. If you are willing to spend about 900€ I would go for the Pioneer DDJ SX series.

Quote Originally Posted by MDRD View Post
    It depends on your budget. If you are willing to spend about 900€ I would go for the Pioneer DDJ SX series.
    That's pretty high up the chain of controllers. Not something I would consider budget, unless you're talking used.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

i am planing to buy "Numark Fusion 494 Table Top CD Package" is that a good choice for entry level? Thanks. dj за сватба
    dj за сватба