Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Thread: Budget Equipment Appreciation Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by LJay View Post
    I know. That picture was from fueledbymusic's photobucket. That's why I asked if that's his equipment wiring.
    That pic is an illustration of hooking up my mixer/equalizer to my QSC amp WHILE the amp is in crossover mode.

The RCAs are only said NOT to use if you need to extend it more than 15 feet (I believe), which can be common in the case of powered speakers which are often far away from the mixer/cdjs.

For my case, my RCA cable is barely 1 1/2 foot long (not even that) from the top of my rack to equalizer.

Before Y'ALL plan to scold me about the way I do it...

It just WORKS! (for me)
    Last edited by fueledbymusic; 01-11-2015 at 09:36 AM.

Sorry if I asked difficult questions, but I'd really like to know how do you set up that on your system? On what kind of gigs you need that?
    I use it for all gigs I do. But however, I keep the sliders in the same spot. I almost never adjust it. The equalizer is just my preference. I personally like equalizers because I love how my system sounds. Since I can add a little bass, even more, I can work with certain "pitches of bass". Example : 30hz, 60hz, 100hz, etc (BOY, my tubas sound so COOL), or add or take away other pitches (such as highs) Or another example. I can add or take away the mids (voices) so to speak.

ALL in ALL, the equalizer is just my preference only basically
    Last edited by fueledbymusic; 01-11-2015 at 10:03 AM.

Do you use RCA's only?
    I forgot to answer that. YES, my whole system is RCA cables. Well actually, it's just my CD/mixer to equalizer, then amp (the pic showing, I have all RCAs)
    NOT my speakers though. I have Speakon cables.

Cool thanks. Actually I watched your gig video and realised you have a passive rack system. That explains the short RCA's .

I got a cheap gemini mixer but the crossfader has only lasted about 6 months.

I had just ordered this on Ebay! I feel it's an awesome deal! $325 w/free ship

I like American Audio.
    I currently have CDI300 system. It's been good to me! I had that one since 2010. I been happy with it!

This "new" system has the CDI500 CD players. A QD-5 mixer. I heard good things about the QD-5 mixer (for the price). And I LOVE the road case. The road case alone is $200 (Looks like the typical universal Odyssey ones). This system is from 2007, I can see.

My "old" system has the CDI300s, it used to have a QD-6 mixer, but now has a cheap $50 Numark M2. That system is from 2009. Despite of the cheap $50 mixer, I actually like it. Because it's SIMPLE to use and it actually sounds BETTER, yes BETTER, than the QD-6

This is the ebay ad pics:

Last edited by fueledbymusic; 02-09-2015 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ae86touge View Post
    Numark Mixtrack Pro. Cost me £160, does everything I want it to for a beginner. Second sound card for headphone output drew me into it
    I Bought the Numark mixtrack and used a USB soundcard for my cue love it
    Enjoy The Music
    Search me on Google
    DJ Rezman

sony ps-dj9000s two for cheap thoughts ???

Quote Originally Posted by keenen_obv View Post
    Never heard of it, but it seems to be nice a nice choice for mixing. I personally wouldn't want to use it for scratching, since it supposedly has an even weaker motor than the Technics 1200 series turntables.

But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

Quote Originally Posted by keenen_obv View Post
    I have 2 of them in mint condition .... Pretty good Turntables... Will do everything a 1210 will do ( Including scratching if you set them up right ) ... Can't say much bad about them apart from they are a bit plastic compared to the 1210 ... But still heavy solid bit's of kit .... For the price at the time brand new they were a bargain.

The cue lights have blown on both of them so they even suffer the same fates as 1210's hehe .... Has a notch at zero pitch .... Sound good with even the stock cart's .... Sound awesome with a set of Ortofon carts

The video is pretty accurate in it's description

What kind of price are you with them ?... Whats Cheap ?... I would say they are great if your on a budget like i was at the time... But as ever ...If your buying second hand Caveat emptor
    Last edited by Usta_B_aDJ; 02-09-2015 at 08:00 AM.