Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Budget Equipment Appreciation Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantron View Post
    VCI-100 doesn't suck.
    I wouldn't call this a "budget piece" per say.. it's $500 brand new and made by Vestax (Generally a decent company)

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerick View Post
    The Numark DM-06 - I had one of these and played on it daily for two years without issue, it was a great mixer,
    I'm thinking about buying another as a back up.

Couldn't stand the EQ setup at ALL!!! Also, didn't like the cue. So brought it back the next day, and went with the next level up. It's a GOOD piece of kit! Used it for years.

Thats the spirit guys! This should be a sticky....

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerick View Post
    The Numark DM-06 - I had one of these and played on it daily for two years without issue, it was a great mixer,
    I'm thinking about buying another as a back up.

My current mixer for the last.. 5? yrs maybe.

OK here is my suggestion.
    This company makes the best budget wireless systems. Their systems have some features that some of the big guns don't. They have great range, sturdy construction, excellent battery life, the ability to mix and match lapel and hand held and most of all they sound great. I have turned on many of my fellow dj's to these and all of them say the same thing (wow). If you do want to buy do it through ebay this way you know it will be in stock.

If we are on the topic of budget, I will add some input.

Behringer DJX700
    I bought this piece when building my second setup, I got it for $50 shipped. It treated me good for the year I used it, never gave me any problems and did exactly what it was supposed to. The only catch is the effects are garbage, and the external effect loop does not work at all lol. Then again I imagine those of you on budget do not have external effects unit so it is not a big deal. But honestly for $50-100 it is not a bad pick up, and in that price range I would not expect the effects to be good.

The AEM-100i is pretty decent from what I heard. Its like 350 or 400$ but on scratch mixer level its not to bad. But, if you want a scratch mixer, just buy any real cheap mixer and drop an innofader into it. Wholia cuttin goodness.

Im using right now a Ecler Smac-30? I believe, well it was free and like 10 years old but it does the job also.

I think as long as you go into buying cheap gear without huge expectations of it lasting forever, then you should be good.

A budget gear thread! Oh, sweet mother of pearl! Thank you!

I have a seriously sick fetish for a budget home setup. Check this out:

Numark tt-100 turntables: $50.00 each (used)
    Numark Axis 4 cd decks: $79 each (brand new with warranty)
    Numark dxm06: $50 (used)

Total cost: $308.00

Of course, I spent money on the ancillaries like carts and headphones (which cost almost as much as the entire setup ) and some other custom stuff.

I absolutely love this setup, and it does everything I need it to do for knocking around in the house. The cd players are a relatively new addition, but I have been using those turntables for over a year. The 100s' actual age is probably somewhere around seven to nine years old, considering those things were discontinued in 2002. The sweet part is that if I decide to sell this stuff before it breaks, I paid so little that I will get most, if not all, of my money back. My little piece of budget heaven looks like this:

I realize I posted this pic in the setup thread, but imo it bears repeating here.
    Everybody is going to have an opinion.
    Just do your thing to the best of your ability and have fun with it.

[SIGPIC]http://www.ustream.tv/channel/faderwave-radio[/SIGPIC]

GREAT THREAD! This is a thread we really need!

I personnally cannot get why many here suggests the very pricey stuff. They are great! But its not so much for weather we cant afford the high end stuff or not. Not everybody needs or wants the best one in the world. It should depend on what you really actually need the equipment for. For instance. If you want to start a business. Thats when to get the good stuff. If its for once in a while private parties. You dont need a pair of JBL SRX728s and a pair of $1000 each tops just for that.. Do you?

Just because its a budget item, doesn't always mean theyre crap. For instance, I have budget priced $99 American Audio QD6 mixer with the american audio CDI300s Works great for me. Been using for 2 years! And Im happy with it. And when I was looking for speakers. All I got flooded with, was $2000 a peice subs. I build a pair of tuba 24s. Costs me $400 for the pair. And I am straight out happy with them. I love them. They kick ASS. My $250 pair Yamaha BR12s sound sensational for me. On a new years party I did. I had alot of compliments for the sound of my set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellissentials View Post
    Couldn't stand the EQ setup at ALL!!! Also, didn't like the cue. So brought it back the next day, and went with the next level up. It's a GOOD piece of kit! Used it for years.

I've played on the DXM-09 a lot and it is a great mixer also, my friend has it, been playing on it since 2007 and he loves it. The layout/setup on it is better.
    I Have Come Here To Kick Ass And Chew Bubblegum, And I Am All Out Of Bubblegum!