Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Budget Equipment Appreciation Thread.

Budget Equipment Appreciation Thread.

Not all of us can afford top tier gear at all or all the time. So why dont we have a section for good or great budget gear. No all budget gear are bad and there are some gems in this category. So share you finds and let the community in on a great bargain on a decent piece of gear that is reasonably priced!

VCI-100 doesn't suck.

i had some behringer headphones once. I think they were 25 quid and the only piece of behringer equipment i didnt think was a total piece of shit.
    www.londontechnoblog.com / www.soundcloud.com/adam-bloy #TeamIdiot
    Cpl. Josh Ray Person:
    "There are layers of retardation people don't even know about"

is this strictly dj related or just anything in general? cause you know... this is OT.

Quote Originally Posted by Adzm00 View Post
    i had some behringer headphones once. I think they were 25 quid and the only piece of behringer equipment i didnt think was a total piece of shit.
    i have some behringer monitors that i feel have a great sound. i bought some krks to replace them with and wound up putting the krks with my dj setup and left the behringers with my little production desk. i felt the krks were a little heavy on the low end.

The Numark DM-06 - I had one of these and played on it daily for two years without issue, it was a great mixer,
    I'm thinking about buying another as a back up.

I Have Come Here To Kick Ass And Chew Bubblegum, And I Am All Out Of Bubblegum!

^^^ used that one before, it is in fact, not a piece of shit.

Gonna agree with both above. Used that mixer for 2 years in college. Went through the worst times and hard shit, and it still rocked out. Whats your budget? You can get some pretty sick cheap deals on craigslist...
    Soundcloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/djdavidvaux (Updated weekly)
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/djdavidvaux

*Audio Interface* I use for production. Behringer UCA-202, $35. This thing has been dragged through hell and back in mud, beer, and rain for 3 years of producing and DJ'ing, and it still works great. Used it and Sony MDR 7506's for my album coming out soon.

Although... if anyone is looking for a sound card, I highly advise investing in an actual good one. I've gotten used to how mixes sound on this card, and know where to adjust things, but as soon as I get money I'm throwing this cheap lil thing away heh
    Last edited by thehadgi; 02-09-2012 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Cerna says 'sound card' is not correct. :argh:

My first mixer, rest of my equipment sucked, but that little bugger kept going. I think its still in a box in the basement and last time I tried it after ~13 years it still worked