Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Budget Equipment Appreciation Thread.

I have decided to see just how far I can push Behringer's equipment. I have a Eurodesk SL32FX Pro mixing console that was bought new about 10 years ago. Of course this was for a live set up, but that board has outlasted several high end boards.

At the moment I am running that same board, an iNuke NU3000 amp, a pair of VS1520 mains, and an active VQ1500D.

I brought this stuff out to my last live show and DJ event and I was not disappointed. I had to prove to one of my friends that I was abusing Behringer gear. He thought I had my usual Yorkville / JBL setup. It was all Behringer, and was rather impressive. My JBL sub is in the shop due to a blown amp.

I am going to see how long I can pull off my "budget" system.

Tampa Florida
    PCDJ DEX 3 LE is free to use DJ software, which helps under budget constraints. It also integrates with Pulselocker, giving you access to over 44 million tracks.
    The LE means light edition, and is stripped down version of the fully-functional DEX 3 application. It's definitely worth a try.

You can find it here:

The Pioneer DDJ-RB is a great controller. $250 gets you the controller and a license to Rekordbox DJ along with a sample pack for scratching. Great value. I really wanted the DDJ-RR but I can't drop $700 that easily. Rekordbox is a great piece of software in my opinion. I know it has somewhat of a bad rep for being buggy, but I haven't experienced anything bad with it at all. That being said, I know there are issues with the mac version... good thing I'm a windows guy!

So DDJ-RB if you're looking for a good value in a controller/software package.