How the battles work:
Your one production will face off with a random other production. By random I mean it's up to the battle mods /invitedtousearandomgenerator. They will be rated as according to the rules http://www.djforums.com/forums/showt...-AND-ROLL-CALL!
You will submit according to this but with the following exceptions: 320 CBR mp3. File name is "2012producerbattleUSERNAMEsongtitle". When the battles are posted, the username of course will be deleted from filename but the song title will remain.
Winners will face winners of other battles, until one remains.
Please post here when you have submitted a finished mix. You have through the 16th to submit.
I will post the rules that are to be pasted in each thread later. Too lazy atm. They will be a cleaned up version of the ones in the other thread (which has all the rules).
Since there are three submissions we'll have one round of voting with a runoff if no one achieves over 50%
Everyone is invited to vote. Please Rank the follow three categories from 1-5 (for a max total of 15 points)
- Category A: Playing by the rules.
- This accapella must be recognizable in the track, even if only used as small chopped up samples lightly sprinkled.
- Tracks are to conform to a pop format (but ANY GENRE) which is more or less intro-verse1-chorus1-verse2-chorus2-breakdown/guitarsolo/eurodancerapper/etc-chorus-chorus-outtro
- Category B: quality of production, mixdown, and mastering.
- Category C: the good stuff. Creativity, vibe, it-factor, free-form vote.
- Also you will cast a holistic vote on the forum voting software which serves as a tie breaker.