Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: House music in LA

House music in LA

Where do you guys go to see it?

What kind of house music?

Deep/Funky - King King, Medusa Lounge... Chuck Love is playing on Thursday @ Medusa Loung. Farina is playing on Tuesday, 6/26, with Colette in OC @ Focus (forgot the name of the venue)... oh, and my house.

Commercial/Big Room - Avalon
    Last edited by Finnish_Fox; 06-13-2012 at 05:45 PM.
    DJM-850 | Technics 1210 M5G x 2 | CDJ-900 x 2 | RCF 312A MKIII x 2 - Soundcloud
    1-v-1 Battle Record: 1-0 / 1-v-1-v-1 Battle Record: 0-1

Progressive house, big room house, etc. What do you think of Lure & Supperclub?

Quote Originally Posted by ReactCalifornia View Post
    Progressive house, big room house, etc. What do you think of Lure & Supperclub?
    Don't listen to progressive or big room... LURE is also where the Do Over is on Sundays. Cool venue, couldn't tell you about the EDM stuff though. Never been to Supperclub for EDM.

Well...if you ever are in the mood to listen, you should head over there. We run contests to win free tickets for both those venues almost every week. Manufactured Superstars are playing tonight, and if you want to win free tickets you can find details on our twitter - @ ReactCalifornia

Ever think about doing a smaller room too at one of those venues?

I know a few funky house DJs and one of my good friends does progressive/big room stuff.

I'll be moving out there in Sept. Anything near UCLA? Or a scene at UCLA specifically?
    http://www.stickam.com/faderwaveradio

Faderwave Radio:
    Thursdays Nights 11-12pm PST

Quote Originally Posted by Pavin View Post
    I'll be moving out there in Sept. Anything near UCLA? Or a scene at UCLA specifically?
    UCLA is in Westwood, so you aren't terribly far from these Hollywood clubs. Not sure about WW itself, you might find some bars that have a chill night but nothing really popping off so far as I know.

los ángeles clubs suck!!!!!!!!!!!!! but try avalon in hollywood the its big and great sound with light shows and closes at 8 a.m on saturdays and 6 a.m on fridays

The best are the underground venues and parties. You can see the more mainstream of EDM which is good but depending on where you go the atmosphere isnt always the funnest.
    Formerly Dj Swerv (DJF since 07) || Listening to anything that sounds like Boots and Cats