Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: CHAUVET launches new Truss line - "TRUSST"

Quote Originally Posted by trauma11 View Post
    The only difference buying it in store is that they've already paid the shipping and worked it into the price. I'll take dealer cost +shipping any day. How big of rigs do you plan on constructing out of 1M truss? You may come to hate that idea.
    So what your saying is that if I choose to have the truss shipped form my local dealer, instead of picking it up, they are going to add an additional shipping cost on top of the original price which already has a shipping cost worked in? I'm no dealer, so I have no clue how this works, but I doubt they would charge me the shipping cost twice.

I see a 1.0M of GT running for around $175 - $200 + shipping cost. I can get it from my local dealer for a bit under $175, and it would be even cheaper if sales tax wasn't worked in, considering we are both in the same state.

I just want want two 6 foot totems, composed of four 1.0m sections. Nothing complicated. I don't plan on doing huge productions or anything. Perhaps an arch type system sometime in the future.

Plus, I'm still waiting to see the MAP prices on Trusst, and keeping my fingers crossed that it will be cheaper.
    - Synaxis || DJ Archer

"Common sense is not quite so common..." -Voltaire

Again, Chauvet has not set MAP pricing for the Trusst line, only MSRP.

If you're looking for four one meter sections, I can deliver them to your door for $ 179.00 each with no tax.
    BillESC
    Lighting, Sound & Video since 1973
    804-435-6858 [email][bill@entsyscorp.com]

Quote Originally Posted by Synaxis View Post
    So what your saying is that if I choose to have the truss shipped form my local dealer, instead of picking it up, they are going to add an additional shipping cost on top of the original price which already has a shipping cost worked in? I'm no dealer, so I have no clue how this works, but I doubt they would charge me the shipping cost twice.

I see a 1.0M of GT running for around $175 - $200 + shipping cost. I can get it from my local dealer for a bit under $175, and it would be even cheaper if sales tax wasn't worked in, considering we are both in the same state.

I just want want two 6 foot totems, composed of four 1.0m sections. Nothing complicated. I don't plan on doing huge productions or anything. Perhaps an arch type system sometime in the future.

Plus, I'm still waiting to see the MAP prices on Trusst, and keeping my fingers crossed that it will be cheaper.
    You'll be ok that way with just a couple totems, what do you plan to use for base plates? I just envisioned like 50 feet of trussing in 1M sections, made my head hurt.

And I guess I'm a little confussed about the shipping thing at this point, all I was saying is that you aren't "saving" by purchasing it from a local supplier, they have already worked shipping into the price your going to pay so to you its the retail price of the item. To them it's dealer cost, +Shipping, +Retail Mark-up.

I'd seriously consider Bills offer as I rarely see his prices or quality of service beat.
    Brett Messer
    Messer Entertainment Group, LLC
    Twitter: @MEGA_Events | Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by trauma11 View Post
    I just envisioned like 50 feet of trussing in 1M sections, made my head hurt.
    No way, lol. I don't need THAT much trussing. I would need a trailer or van just to transport it, and if I actually had a trailer or van, I wouldn't need the truss to be broken down into such small sections. For base plates, i planned on using, well, the base plates from GT. I don't see any other realistic alternatives at this point.

And yes, I will consider Bill's offer, however I still think I will wait until Chauvet's Trusst gains a bit more popularity. I looking forward to the smaller base plates 24x24", which GT unfortunately doesn't carry.
    - Synaxis || DJ Archer

No way, lol. I don't need THAT much trussing. I would need a trailer or van just to transport it, and if I actually had a trailer or van, I wouldn't need the truss to be broken down into such small sections. For base plates, i planned on using, well, the base plates from GT. I don't see any other realistic alternatives at this point.

And yes, I will consider Bill's offer, however I still think I will wait until Chauvet's Trusst gains a bit more popularity. I looking forward to the smaller base plates 24x24", which GT unfortunately doesn't carry.

Do you have a roof rack? I got a 2x2 base plate from Global Truss.

Actually Global does have 2' x 2' steel plates or 30" aluminum.

Quote Originally Posted by DJStevieRay View Post
    Actually Global does have 2' x 2' steel plates or 30" aluminum.
    They do and the part is Global Truss 2.2S. They are 49lbs each which means shipping is going to cost you, but I found one dealer (the DJ House - I believe) that provides free shipping on these and the price was ~$170/ea. which is a steal in my opinion. I prefer the smaller footprint of these over the 30" aluminum plates.
    -Jason

Quote Originally Posted by instinct View Post
    Do you have a roof rack? I got a 2x2 base plate from Global Truss.

Right, I know, the steel ones, at 49 pounds each. What I meant to say was that they don't have Aluminum 2'x2' base plates. PLus the steel base plates don't have carrying handles
    - Synaxis || DJ Archer

Right, I know, the steel ones, at 49 pounds each. What I meant to say was that they don't have Aluminum 2'x2' base plates. PLus the steel base plates don't have carrying handles

Heavy Baseplates are a good thing! Not having handles is kind of a drag, but it's not like the edges are rough and are pretty easy to handle.

I HATE MY 3X3 95 POUND STEEL HARD TO CARRY WITH NO HANDLE BASE PLATES!

I actually thought of adding a small shelf on each side of my TV case to hold the plates there when I need to move them.
    *Your Event Matters FaceBook * Your Event Matters Website * MixCloud Account*
    DJs Photography Photo Booth Rentals and Beauty services