Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TurboSound changes hands...

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    oh ffs
    If I had to play only for people who liked the music because they heard it on the radio, it wouldn't make me happy. -- David Guetta

The way things are going, Joe Noob DJ will be able to buy Turbosound cabs at Wal-Mart (as well as anything else they might need).

Alto (which I just learned was purchased by Numark) just released some 2400 watt wireless capable cabs. Alto can't even get a simple EQ unit to work correctly, so I can just imagine how well these will work. With Numark's experience at producing subpar garbage with the non existent customer support to top it off, this is like a match made in heaven.

After all of today's awful news for the world of pro audio, I think I'm going to throw up now.
    Yamaha DXR15s - KX Audio (KV2) KX12s - RCF Art 310As - Yamaha DXR8s - Yamaha DXS12 subs (X2) - Wharfedale Titan 12A - Yamaha MG12/4 - Yorkville PGM8 - Peavey PV10 - Shure cordless - Stanton CD player - Sony Minidisc decks - LED lights - AMDJ dual SD player

Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    I can tell you that the simple fact that we (Music Group) purchase parts in the quantities that we do has a LOT to do with the cost reductions we're able to deliver across our brands. A company like TurboSound might be able to purchase Neutrik connectors or crossover components in quantities of 10K a year, where we would buy 500K of the exact same part in the same year. When you work with quantities like that, the economy of scale works heavily in your favor. We can easily take out 25-30% of a product's cost in this way WITHOUT CHANGING A SINGLE COMPONENT.

I totally get your overall point, but I wanted to address this point because it's a major way we reduce cost. Another thing to remember is that we OWN our factory. This isn't common, even among bigger companies, and it saves us another 18-20% compared to relying on an ODM to manufacture your product.
    Great to hear Uli can buy components at volume discount prices. I'm sure that's the only reason why most of the Berhringer equipment I've used was so cheap. It had nothing to do with thinner PC boards, inferior components, poorer manufacturing standards...
    I'm also glad to hear that all that was a different Behringer than the one that exists today. I know this because the managers and owner of the company say it's so. Why would they lie?

I'm sure all the product managers and the company owner are more than willing to propagandize how much better the company is now. Please forgive me if I don't drink that glass of Kool-Aid right away. I'll wait until someone I know, someone I trust, someone with experience in the industry, has risked their business with it.
    I suspect Behringer is better than it was. From my experience, that doesn't seem like much of an accomplishment.
    I only had Behringer gear attempt to leave me in the ditch once... I managed a work-around to finish out my night. I learned my lesson.

Please send my congratulations to everyone at MUSIC GROUP. Good purchase, everyone.

Please forgive me if I don't drink that glass of Kool-Aid right away.
    I won't speak for the whole company, but as far as my products go that is EXACTLY what I expect. As a company we should earn your trust by building solid product. Everything else is colored bubbles.

...We OWN our own factory in China, and employ thousands of people at that facility (one of the 16 locations we operate globally).
    You say that proudly?

Now if you OWNED a manufacturing factory in Germany, employed thousands of German people, thereby helping the German economy, that would be worth touting...

With my only Behringer piece, http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/B205D.aspx the magnet fell off the speaker driver... It was glued on by factory design.
    Last edited by GaFFLe; 06-13-2012 at 06:37 PM.
    Raising the bar...
    http://www.channelliveproductions.com/
    Atlanta DJs / Wedding DJs / Prom DJs ...and more

Meh

I could never afford turbo anyways. I have a feeling pre-2013 turbosound cabs will go up in value.

I'll never gig with anything Behringer. I won't even trust it as far as I could throw it.

I give Behringer credit where credit is due. Their desks are great for hires - doesn't matter if it gets covered in beer, just throw it out and buy a new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Rees
    Don't worry about it. Set them up, turn them on, listen to them, adjust if needed. No matter what you do, they're still going to sound like Eons

As a company we should earn your trust by building solid product.
    How novel... Too bad other companies haven't thought of that approach.
    If only there were companies out there that earned my trust by building solid product.
    Oh wait... Now I remember. There are companies that build solid product. Behringer makes crap that looks just like that solid product (on the outside at least). Too bad it doesn't work.

Sorry dude. Behringer got a chance. They certainly screwed the pooch in my case. I was lucky it wasn't a component that could have shut down the whole show. Probably be a looooong time before I try that again.

If you want to earn my trust, try producing something that doesn't look like a cheap rip-off of a reputable piece of gear.
    Try going unique. Try going original. Try enhancing something that works, as opposed to copying (sorry, "reverse engineering") something then making it cheaper and less dependable.

What the Hell am I thinking? Please disregard this post. If you really want to build trust, just assimilate the rest of the audio industry.
    We are Music Group. Resistance is useless.

FYI -- Resistance is not useless. It's voltage divided by current.
    Last edited by Evil Steve; 06-14-2012 at 04:37 AM.

Now if you OWNED a manufacturing factory in Germany, employed thousands of German people, thereby helping the German economy, that would be worth touting...
    Why? Are you implying that China is somehow worth less as a manufacturing base than Germany? I think the WORLD disagrees with you if that's your viewpoint. Please tell everyone what is bad about China and great about Germany.

Music Group owns 2 of the most venerable names in live consoles and external processing. Now we own one of the better sound reinforcement companies. And we will be able to grow their business just as we've done with Midas. We're able to expand our business when most other companies are suffering. so apparently someone is doing something right.

Same great taste new lower price.
    Hewlett Packard the backbone of Apple data centers.
    I will not read anything in Comic sans