View Poll Results: To Scrim or Not to Scrim?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hoist up the main! Scrim me!

6 28.57%
  • Let poles be poles! No thank you Scrims!

15 71.43%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: To Scrim or Not to Scrim?

My personal preference is that the tops over the subs look the best to me
    This. I never liked Scrim and I don't think I will ever need it.

The majority is now up to 71% (that's nearly 3/4 against scrim!)
    DJMC is a Northern CA DJ who provides non-cheesy emcees/DJs for Sacramento weddings

White scrims with matching/accenting uplighting is my preference. As was said before, I can't stand the appearance of wires, tape, velcro, etc. and if you don't use a scrim, there is no way to entirely hide it.
    Brett Messer
    Messer Entertainment Group, LLC
    Twitter: @MEGA_Events | Facebook

Definitely some anti-scrim activists on here! You guys should start a facebook page and organize protests! Lol.

I guess the bottom line is that like mine and my client's like them too when the see pictures of my setups during consult.

Once again, all personal preference.

I don't have anything against 'em -- per se.

Just don't tell me I need to cover up my JBL PRX Series loudspeakers and Ultimate TS-100b stands.

Wires don't bother me anyway! I try to make the speakers as close as possible on each side of my table, maybe 6 feet apart. Shorter wire runs. Then I will wrap 'em around the stand, & tuck under the stand-tightening key. I have some velcro ties for tricky wire runs, then duct tape as a last resort (but no duct tape on my stands!!!)
    DJMC is a Northern CA DJ who provides non-cheesy emcees/DJs for Sacramento weddings

Scrim users are the gay pride members of the Mobile DJ world. We won't tell you what to do with your tripod as long as you don't try to tell us what not to do with ours!

Quote Originally Posted by RodneyL View Post
    Scrim users are the gay pride members of the Mobile DJ world. We won't tell you what to do with your tripod as long as you don't try to tell us what not to do with ours!
    So you admit scrims are gay and a tad bit flashy?

Lol

Maybe the answer is to let the client decide??? Show them photos of both and say Regatta or No gatta?

I'm not a fan of scrims (black or white). I also don't like the look of sleeves over trusses but agree it's personal preference. If you're on the fence, let your clients decide what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Sween View Post
    So you admit scrims are gay and a tad bit flashy?

Lol

Maybe the answer is to let the client decide??? Show them photos of both and say Regatta or No gatta?
    I will admit they are a tad flashy. I can't say I believe they are gay unless you give me an example of how you are using the word.

I think gay people are awesome... so I would agree that, yes, they are awesome.

I'm not a big fan but do use them for weddings. It's all about the clients and their needs.