Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I crab sideways

I crab sideways

I recently realized that I crab sideways, like rolling off the side of the fader cap, not the top. I think it is what's been making them sloppy, and I'm trying to relearn the right way, but if I had a double sided cap I might not have to. Anyone else have this problem?
    Our concept of "self" is merely the transition from the potential energy in our body into the kinetic energy of your actions.

I do the same but mine sound decent. I'm not consistent though. I was chalking that up to my being a beginner. I'll try coming over the top to see if helps.

It does help for me; makes them sound cleaner, but I think it's more the rounded edge on top than anything in my technique.
    Our concept of "self" is merely the transition from the potential energy in our body into the kinetic energy of your actions.

Doesn't everyone crab sideways? I'm not sure what you mean.

You can roll off the top of the cap like a twiddle, or off the side of the cap.

It's always off the side though. It just depends where on the side your fingers are hitting. Hitting literally the top of the cap wouldn't move it sideways!

You totally don't understand what I'm talking about bro, there is a "topside" edge and the edge closest to your stomach. Two different edges to roll off of.

I'm crabbing hamster btw

I also beatjuggle hamster.

I have no idea what you're talking about, lol. When I crab, my fingers hit the area of the fader I've highlighted here: -

There's no other way to do it.

Mine hit there as well, but I don't "tap" crabs.

It's more like pinching the cap between my fingers and thumb and then sliding my fingers off to the right of that arrow. However, it seems cleaner if I slide them of above the arrow like a twiddle.

The "up" way is more like "curling" the fingers in, and the "side" way is like brushing your fingertips with your thumb.
    Last edited by Phi; 06-11-2012 at 08:10 AM.