So my really good friend asked me on Wednesday if I could DJ his cousin's wedding THIS SATURDAY. His cousin is in the army and he's going off to Afghanistan soon. He lives in Texas and he's coming back to PA to get married next to my friend's pond, which didn't seem very formal. It was understood that this would be a laid back reception. I was told I wouldn't even have to do any announcements, just play music.

Since I'm in college, I could really use a few bucks and I couldn't say no. After all, it is my good friend and I didn't think they'd find anyone in time.

Well, I met with the bride and groom today (the groom's the cousin) minutes before the rehearsal in my friend's back yard. We talked for no more than 10 minutes. During this meeting, I found out that the bride had made up a list of songs for the special dances and a list of the wedding party that they wanted announced. Turns out they forgot to bring it to the "meeting." I told them both that things like this should have been done months ahead of time and I can't really guarantee things like songs and "good" announcements overnight. The bride said she would email me the list tonight and I kind of let it slide. Another thing is that I talked to the GROOM through my friend for the past two days.

I take this stuff seriously, just like everyone else. At this point I feel like I dug myself into a deep, deep hole. I thought I could pull it off when I thought it was just going to be music.

I really don't know what to do at this point. I have 17 hours until the reception. I FINALLY got the groom's number and asked about the list. He told me she was going to send it tonight. It's 12:27AM.

Because of these people being so unorganized I'm going to make an ass of myself. It's not that I'm unconfident, I'm just unprepared. I can't really bail on them this late in the game, since I'm helping out a friend.

I did explain to my friend how much of a mess this is BTW.

Does anyone have any idea what I can do to make this go a little better? I know I'm pretty much screwed and TRUST ME... I'll never do something on the fly like this again. Anything helps. Thanks in advance.