Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What are the best Powered subwoofers out right now?

the only thing thats making me really want the qsc's is the 6 year extended warranty that comes with them. There headquarters is about 30 min away from me and i was really impressed by their customer service in the past. if i picked up two of these kw181 would i regret it?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedillusions View Post
    the only thing thats making me really want the qsc's is the 6 year extended warranty that comes with them. There headquarters is about 30 min away from me and i was really impressed by their customer service in the past. if i picked up two of these kw181 would i regret it?
    Why not go have a listen at a dealer? That's really the only way to tell if you'll be disappointed or not.

Let's put it this way. The laws of physics dictate certain things and if you want high SPL low frequency output, a certain amount of volume is required. The wood needed (or other material) to create that volume weighs a certain amount. If you spread that across more than one cabinet, you can gain some volume, but unless you're using horn loaded subs, you won't gain low bass extension.

The drivers, design, and amplifiers can have a big influence too but they can't overcome the laws of physics. So consider the size of the enclosure in your shopping checklist. You may want very low bass in a small, light enclosure but it just isn't going to happen. This information is also useful for deciphering BS specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elon_Musk
    Failure is an option here. If things are not failing, you are not innovating enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Elon_Musk
    Failure is an option here. If things are not failing, you are not innovating enough.

I am very pleased with the output and sound quality of my RCF 4Pro 8001. I think it has been replaced by the 8003 now.
    twitter - @DJRiddim_
    facebook - https://www.facebook.com/DJRiddims?ref=hl
    youtube.com/vibes4321

JBL for the win!
    DJMC is a Northern CA DJ who provides non-cheesy emcees/DJs for Sacramento weddings

Love my LS801P.

If you're that close to QSC, it's a no-brainier. They have the best service in the industry.

Yorkville tends not to be as available in the midwest and on the west coast - you can find it if you look for it, but it's not everywhere like on the east coast and in Canada.

LS801P is next to imposable to move with one person. I would go with QSC since they are so close to you.
    Hewlett Packard the backbone of Apple data centers.
    I will not read anything in Comic sans

I have two KW181's and they are awesome. I love them. They are lightweight that I can easily transport them, caster wheels on the back make that even easier. We had the HPR151i's before, and they were a bitch to move in comparison, just the larger box wasn't as easy, even though the KW's have a bigger sub on them. I've not heard the Yorkie's or JBL's but I've never heard anything bad about them either.

I don't think you'd be disappointed in the KW's, they are made incredibly well and QSC has great service. I buy mine through Sweetwater, but that's because they are 10 minutes from my house and have equally incredible customer service.