8 6.84%
  • Adobe Audition

2 1.71%
  • Reason

15 12.82%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What DAW do you use?

I normally use Ableton. I bought Logic some time ago, haven't used it as much as I thought I would. My workflow in Ableton is better.

ableton but got reason rewired into it

Reason 6, Acid Pro 7 and Presonus Studio One 2 here. However, since the release of Reason 6, the other DAWs have not been used much.

I use Maschine as a groove box, render stems, and edit/mix in PT…occasionally as a plugin (for playing drums or MIDI out devices to play synths) but not really.

Until a few weeks ago, I was using Logic 9. PT just makes more sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post

I use Maschine as a groove box, render stems, and edit/mix in PT…occasionally as a plugin (for playing drums or MIDI out devices to play synths) but not really.

Until a few weeks ago, I was using Logic 9. PT just makes more sense to me.
    Def need to get my ilok thingy so I can demo pro tools... if I can write in protools as quick as I do in ableton I think it might be worth the switch

The workflow is completely different, and if you like Ableton's workflow…PT is different. It's much more linear. You can still author/edit MIDI with keyboards/pads and a piano roll, but there's nothing in it like Ableton's clip launching for sketching.

I mostly use it with Audio and keep the MIDI in Maschine.

That being said, Avid's Channel Strip and Mod Delay are the best I've found at what they do (coincidentally…they're also the 2 plugins visible in that image)

Pro-tools is amazing. Used it in school, and it really does just make sense for recording / producing bands. That's not to say you can't produce electronic music with it. I would just argue that Live/Reason/Logic are better for EDM.

Adobe Audition sucks the balls. I have to use 3.0 in school and 1.5 in the radio station I volunteer at. ...I just bring my laptop in and produce with Live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish_Fox View Post
    Did someone mention hookers?
    Quote Originally Posted by RDRCK View Post
    am not brony.

Quote Originally Posted by Tektonix View Post
    Live Or FL However i lost my fucking live disc Gotta re-buy it when i has teh moneys
    weird. if you have your key, you can register it on ableton's site to download it. you would have probably registered it if you have every downloaded updates.

if you have never registered it, do you still have the key? cause you can download the demo, then plug the key in and it should register.

unless your disks were pirated....
    Live on Faderwave.com 600 to 800 pm Thursdays!
    Original Drum and Bass on Soundcloud --- Mixcloud Drum and Bass, House, Trance and More

Protools has been disappointing with their past few versions. They had a great product, became the standard, and then pretty much slacked off. They have fallen so far behind in the DAW race that there are some major studios that have switched or are looking at other options.
    Lighting Designer/Special Effects: Grand MA, Martin, Le Maitre, ReeleFX, Fire One Pyrotechnics
    As for you Mystic. YOU ARE A FUCKEN MORON. -Fueledbymusic

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
    Protools has been disappointing with their past few versions. They had a great product, became the standard, and then pretty much slacked off. They have fallen so far behind in the DAW race that there are some major studios that have switched or are looking at other options.
    I don't know if I completely agree with that. In terms of live/studio recording Protools is still easily the industry standard...your point wouldn't surprise me to be true though if you are talking strictly about MIDI.