View Poll Results: What DAW do you use?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ableton Live

    71 63.96%
  • Apple Logic

    18 16.22%
  • Presonus Studio One

    2 1.80%
  • Avid Pro Tools

    5 4.50%
  • Steinberg's Cubase

    3 2.70%
  • Cakewalk's Sonar

    3 2.70%
  • FL Studio

    22 19.82%
  • Acid Pro

    6 5.41%
  • Adobe Audition

    2 1.80%
  • Reason

    15 13.51%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 126

Thread: What DAW do you use?

  1. #21
    Junior Member Dremo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Drammen, Norway
    Posts
    72
    I normally use Ableton. I bought Logic some time ago, haven't used it as much as I thought I would. My workflow in Ableton is better.

  2. #22
    Member Celestial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    in your head
    Posts
    180
    ableton but got reason rewired into it

  3. #23
    Reason 6, Acid Pro 7 and Presonus Studio One 2 here. However, since the release of Reason 6, the other DAWs have not been used much.

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    1,254


    I use Maschine as a groove box, render stems, and edit/mix in PT…occasionally as a plugin (for playing drums or MIDI out devices to play synths) but not really.

    Until a few weeks ago, I was using Logic 9. PT just makes more sense to me.

  5. #25
    VIP Member thehadgi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    columbus, OH
    Posts
    3,100
    Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post


    I use Maschine as a groove box, render stems, and edit/mix in PT…occasionally as a plugin (for playing drums or MIDI out devices to play synths) but not really.

    Until a few weeks ago, I was using Logic 9. PT just makes more sense to me.
    Def need to get my ilok thingy so I can demo pro tools... if I can write in protools as quick as I do in ableton I think it might be worth the switch

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    1,254
    The workflow is completely different, and if you like Ableton's workflow…PT is different. It's much more linear. You can still author/edit MIDI with keyboards/pads and a piano roll, but there's nothing in it like Ableton's clip launching for sketching.

    I mostly use it with Audio and keep the MIDI in Maschine.

    That being said, Avid's Channel Strip and Mod Delay are the best I've found at what they do (coincidentally…they're also the 2 plugins visible in that image)

  7. #27
    Member alazydj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kingston, Ontario
    Posts
    1,015
    Pro-tools is amazing. Used it in school, and it really does just make sense for recording / producing bands. That's not to say you can't produce electronic music with it. I would just argue that Live/Reason/Logic are better for EDM.


    Adobe Audition sucks the balls. I have to use 3.0 in school and 1.5 in the radio station I volunteer at. ...I just bring my laptop in and produce with Live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish_Fox View Post
    Did someone mention hookers?
    Quote Originally Posted by RDRCK View Post
    am not brony.

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Dayton Ohio
    Posts
    355
    Quote Originally Posted by Tektonix View Post
    Live Or FL However i lost my fucking live disc Gotta re-buy it when i has teh moneys
    weird. if you have your key, you can register it on ableton's site to download it. you would have probably registered it if you have every downloaded updates.

    if you have never registered it, do you still have the key? cause you can download the demo, then plug the key in and it should register.

    unless your disks were pirated....
    Live on Faderwave.com 600 to 800 pm Thursdays!
    Original Drum and Bass on Soundcloud --- Mixcloud Drum and Bass, House, Trance and More

  9. #29
    Member Mystic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    State College, PA
    Posts
    568
    Protools has been disappointing with their past few versions. They had a great product, became the standard, and then pretty much slacked off. They have fallen so far behind in the DAW race that there are some major studios that have switched or are looking at other options.
    Producing: Sonar X3, Cakewalk VS-700, UAD, Waves, EWQL, Nomad, NI, etc. Lighting Designer/Special Effects: Grand MA, Martin, Le Maitre, ReeleFX, Fire One Pyrotechnics
    As for you Mystic. YOU ARE A FUCKEN MORON. -Fueledbymusic

  10. #30
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Nashville TN/ Syracuse NY
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
    Protools has been disappointing with their past few versions. They had a great product, became the standard, and then pretty much slacked off. They have fallen so far behind in the DAW race that there are some major studios that have switched or are looking at other options.
    I don't know if I completely agree with that. In terms of live/studio recording Protools is still easily the industry standard...your point wouldn't surprise me to be true though if you are talking strictly about MIDI.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
a