Thread: Favorite Instrument/VST Plugin(s) Thread!

Favorite Instrument/VST Plugin(s) Thread!

Alright, time for the follow up thread! What are your go-to instruments and how do you use them?

Me:
    1. Arturia Minimoog for basslines. I can get a good rumbly low end pretty easily, along with some nice pads
    2. Sylenth1 for other synth needs; plucks, leads
    3. Kontakt - beast, although I despised samplers at first. Saving up money for the amazing instruments for it. NI Session Strings Pro is rockin my world, as you can hear if you listen on my soundcloud. Next purchase I want for it is Vir2's Electr6ity, some abs nasty guitars I plan on using for my next album

Z3ta+ is my favorite synth at the moment.

1) Diva - bass's, or anything that I would use a regular VA for

2) Zebra - my main goto synth, can do just about anything and then some

3) Sylenth1/z3ta2 - good for quick n dirty sounds, usually just throw these in when starting out as a place holder for something later, but since I find them the easiest to program sometimes their sounds stick around if I hit something I like

4) Geist/Nerve - for drums obviously, using geist more these days, might end up selling nerve but it just has some nice features that cant be done as easily anywhere else

5) DCAM SynthSquad/Massive/Synthmaster - when Im in a sound designing mood and want something besides zebra

those are my main goto's, got a bunch of others that have been relegated to my 'others' folder that doesnt get much love. Admittedly that list is already too long, but for me half the fun is just messing around with the toys and enjoying them just as much as actually making something in the long run with them
    Last edited by ezelkow1; 02-08-2012 at 05:30 PM.

u-he Diva my fav for pads, leads, bass and subbass

Reaktor, specially prism.

ACE, for bass, keys and leads.

I'm thinking about demo-ing reaktor... whats your take on it login?

Sylenth - Main go to synth, I like the workflow, Its relatively simple to use and can make some nice sounds

My go toos:

Korg M1 (I love that old school flavorrr)
    Korg Wavestation
    Sylenth 1
    soundcloud.com/jared-dj-jp-pereira

facebook.com/jareddjjppereira

Reaktor is nice, picked it up a month or so ago. There is so much good stuff in the built in library and the user library that it could keep you busy for ages, let alone designing your own stuff. Reaktor is the king when it comes to granular effects, and some of the other effects in it like the reverbs are nice as well. Im not a huge fan of the built in instruments except for some of the newer ones like lazerbass, oki2, and the re-done steampipe, but some of the instruments in the UL like old recreations and virus emus and string machines are good as well