Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Hygro's Production Tips

interesting thoughts on dance music. I'm glad you mentioned groove shifter as a subtle timing to your parts is one of the best advice for many forms of edm and it's not always obvious from the record. all them little shuffled notes. probably second only to layering drum sounds to make your beats phat!

Yeah I like the way he writes his posts, and his attitude towards music.

7 internet points for you, Hygro. Ok, 8.....

Great thread. Especially the bit about not writing ''genre music'' right at the beginning.

I've got a production tip -

Use your forearms as well as your ears. If you see hairs stand up and pimples appear, it's working, you're on to something good, potentially. This signifies an emotional reaction.

Ok, it kind of is a joke, but does have an element of seriousness to it.

Thanks guys
    I like the arm hair tingling. If you're blowing your own mind so hard your body is changing, go with it.

#25) Record that shit with your phone's video camera
    Or otherwise shitty mic+speakers

I thought I was killing it, thought the groove was great the sounds sick. So I recorded it with my phone to text a friend. Played it back. It was terrible. Made it better/different, recorded it, played it back, it was good.

Good music sounds good on bad mediums.
    My production tips thread. On my production philosophy, techniques, and concepts
    http://www.djforums.com/forums/showt...roduction-Tips

Yep good tip they used to say test your music taped on a shitty stereos like the kids listen to it helps hear your mix like different. Boom box, in car stereos, headphones nowadays mobile phones. Know the sound of your system in the home studio as if you took it home and it sounded completely different on a different stereo. In the 80s.

Well seeing as he grows included an up-to-date link on this page I'm going to keep this thread alive it's been a bit heavy for me today but I'm going to come back and read it properly later that was some kickass philosophizing on dance music dude it reminds me of the Shamen

Thanks man

#26) listen to good music
    Duh. You have to. I take long night time walks with good headphones streaming by the album. The best medicine is listening to the greats.
    My production tips thread. On my production philosophy, techniques, and concepts
    http://www.djforums.com/forums/showt...roduction-Tips