Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still need help looking for a Crossover or Dsp

Still need help looking for a Crossover or Dsp

I posted a thread a while ago about me looking for a crossover and my question wasn't really answered.

I would appreciate more suggestions / input in this thread. Basically to sum it all up, i'm looking for a crossover (or dsp, if its in the same price range) so I can high pass my tops from my subs. My price range would be about $200-300 dollars. Thanks

You probably won't get a good DSP for $200-300.

I'd pick up a used Ashly crossover on eBay or the like.

Last edited by Incognito; 05-28-2012 at 08:05 PM.
    If I had to play only for people who liked the music because they heard it on the radio, it wouldn't make me happy. -- David Guetta

Do you need it to sum stereo to mono? I have a BBE Max3. It doesn't sum to mono. It has the sonic maximizer but you can bypass that if you don't want to use it. That's what I do when I use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elon_Musk
    Failure is an option here. If things are not failing, you are not innovating enough.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. That BBE Max-x3 looks nice and affordable.

How would the "Behringer SUPER-X PRO CX2310 Crossover" work? It's cheap but how would this thing hold up for what i'm attempting to do?

Banned
    The Behringer would do the job but they can be noisy untis, meaning hiss and noise, I had one, brand new a few years back and it was f**king wank. Now I use a Dbx 223XL as a backup and an XTA DP226 as my main one. The XTA is way out your budget but the Dbx 223XL is the best analogue crossover for it's money, well it's been discontinued now but have a look on ebay and you should be able to find one cheap as f**k man. I wouldn't go for a dsp unless you can afford a decent one like a used BSS FDS334 etc...because the budget ones don't have great digital converters in.

thanks richard, that looks perfect for what i'm trying to do. much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by richard stringer View Post
    I wouldn't go for a dsp unless you can afford a decent one like a used BSS FDS334 etc...because the budget ones don't have great digital converters in.
    Shouldn't paint them all with the same brush. Yes while some are bad, others just don't have as good converters as their more expensive siblings but aren't horrible. The added flexibility & control that a full featured DSP has over a stand alone crossover also makes for a great offset to the cheaper components used, the DBX Driverack PA is more then decent enough for DJ duty & they can be found on the used market for the same price bracket as some analog crossovers.
    If I had to play only for people who liked the music because they heard it on the radio, it wouldn't make me happy. -- David Guetta

Something to consider: http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index....,138174.0.html

PM me if you're interested in an almost brand new 233XL. Had it just over a year only used it once.
    Last edited by windspeed36; 05-29-2012 at 08:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Rees
    Don't worry about it. Set them up, turn them on, listen to them, adjust if needed. No matter what you do, they're still going to sound like Eons

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    Shouldn't paint them all with the same brush. Yes while some are bad, others just don't have as good converters as their more expensive siblings but aren't horrible. The added flexibility & control that a full featured DSP has over a stand alone crossover also makes for a great offset to the cheaper components used, the DBX Driverack PA is more then decent enough for DJ duty & they can be found on the used market for the same price bracket as some analog crossovers.

I'm not painting them all with the same brush, but you have to admit that, the dsp has a lot of effect on the sound quality you hear through the speakers due to the digital converter quality. I personally wouldn't waste money on the BBE or a Behringer etc...at that price point in my personal opinion they're not worth it. I'd rather save up until I could afford a used decent one like the BSS FDS334.