Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pete Rock is mad about Lupe Fiasco using T.R.O.Y.

wow!
    love hiphop drama! The last story that enthralled me was the Prodigy and Havoc issue.

Unfortunate that Pete Rock still doesn't own T.R.O.Y as prolific as it is.

Lupe... lol... Give me a kickflip please!!! I'm not going to front I used to like his music but to me he was part of that poser
    skateboard era. You know, when Pharrell was pushing skateboarding(bape days) and then Lupe came out with Kick push.
    But over the years Lupe has turned into a giant meh.

I hear what the older cats are saying about not being able make original and new ish. Its the same feeling I get when artists
    regardless of genre sample songs with in past 5-10 years. Its like 'already'???? And you can't knock on Petes comment about digging
    for your own samples. Because we all know diggin' aint easy.

As for Lupe's song... leave that shit on a mixtape and call it a day.

The saxophone player on that original sample should arise and tell them both to STFU and pay him his royalties.
    Pls "Like" My Facebook Bandpage. Will return the favor! Lets unite!

-----------> www.facebook.com/rayswift707 <-------------

Quote Originally Posted by RaySwift View Post
    The saxophone player on that original sample should arise and tell them both to STFU and pay him his royalties.
    This!

Game Over...
    Cant Stop.Wont Stop. - Scratchnutz Crew - Crown St. Cut Collective - Soul of Sydney
    http://www.district.net.au

Here's the original:

Ya gotta love corn, it's one of the only foods that says good-bye.

Rep owed: DTR, Pete, KLH, mitchiemasha,

This is the problem. Some dj on here don't understand why PR is mad. First TROY is a classic hiphop track. He might been cool with it if it was good. The lyrics are wack. If Lupe was paying respect to Pete then he should have been the first person he shouted out to on the track. He might not own the samples but he dug for them and produced the track. For a chump like him just to take the track and make a wack arse song is BS. It is like taking WuTangs CREAM or Gangstarrs Mass Appeal. You just don't do it!
    And who thinks a producer is going to give up what records he uses in their tracks doesnt know the game. You don't understand how hard it is to find that lil snippet out millions of songs. Understand digging first then talk sh$t about him.
    Lupe is a Pop rapper. That's all.

Lol I went on Lupe's youtube video of his song and compared him with Pitbull for stealing other people's beats and just rapping over it, boy did I get flamed by Lupe fans

Quote Originally Posted by DJNR View Post
    What does this even mean?
    It means that in my opinion Lupe shouldn't of used Pete Rock's T.R.O.Y. beat. To a lot of Golden Era hip hop heads like myself that song is a creative classic track that defined Pete Rock's signature production style. Lupe could have dug for a better sample or created something fresh. He's collaborated with some hip and creative artist recently like Robert Glasper. I downloaded Lupe's track from my record pool and left similar comments.