Hey guys,

As you know, I have recently tested the Yamaha DXR15 and Yamaha DXR8 and absolutely loved them both. Well, this morning I loaded up my YX15Ps and traded them in towards a new pair of DXR8s. I've been recommending the DXRs quite often lately and figured if I love them so much and recommend them so often - I should really own a pair myself.

I am listening to them at the moment and am really 100% happy with my decision. Simply excellent sounding cabs with one of the best mixer section I've seen... I have a gig tommorow night so will take them out for their first performance in a venue (60th anniversary - 150 people). I think this line will be a big hit for Yamaha and other than the finish (of which I'm not a huge fan) I can't find anything negative to say about this new line. It was a tough decision when it came to decide which model, but I really am liking ultra compact + high performance cabs lately and the little 8s sound so good with a sub and should handle tommorow's crowd quite well...

Al