Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Budget Subwoofer For Mobile Setup

Ok cool, right now I'm watching a QSC CX302 which only has a high pass filter on it. which driver did you use with your Tuba 24?
    What are the parameters needed for the tuba 24?
    Last edited by Josh Buchanan; 05-27-2012 at 03:06 PM.

I built a t39, and I found I can take a much larger box, so I'm goin with the t60. T60 goes down to 25hz, - 2 db! Still uses only a 12" driver!
    I won't deal with "bargain shoppers." If a customer calls me and thinks he/she can whittle down my price because DJ RectalSquirt is offering to DJ for $100 for the night, then he/she and DJ RectalSquirt probably deserve one another. -Badger

Very nice, which driver did you use? and do you know if you can use two drivers in the Tuba 24?

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Buchanan View Post
    Very nice, which driver did you use? and do you know if you can use two drivers in the Tuba 24?
    I went with the now discontinued Eminence HL10a driver in both the Tuba 24 as well as the Tuba 30 Slim designs.

Yes you can use two drivers in the Tuba 24.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Fitzmaurice
    Need more power? Load it with two Eminence S2010 and see how it smacks the Yamaha SW118V!
    If I had to play only for people who liked the music because they heard it on the radio, it wouldn't make me happy. -- David Guetta

Lab 12. The nice thing about it is it's universal to bassically any of his subs, and now even the tht
    I won't deal with "bargain shoppers." If a customer calls me and thinks he/she can whittle down my price because DJ RectalSquirt is offering to DJ for $100 for the night, then he/she and DJ RectalSquirt probably deserve one another. -Badger

Ok, sweet. must have over looked that. Does the Tuba 24 use 10 inch or 8 inch drivers?

It takes only tens i think, why did you choose that small design? Just curious

I was just thinking that it would work better, since I'm going to be doing smaller stuff in like basements and such. I still haven't bought anything yet, think I should bump up to a bigger one? i'm open to all suggestions.

I was just thinking that it would work better, since I'm going to be doing smaller stuff in like basements and such. I still haven't bought anything yet, think I should bump up to a bigger one? i'm open to all suggestions.
    Unless you're just doing background music, always go with the biggest subs you can reasonably manage

I will tell you that there is a noticeable difference between the two sizes I went with but the smaller T24 did still sound good. I decided to make my T30 24" wide to match the width of the T24 to minimize the footprint of the sub & for me it was a perfect balance between size & performance, you may like the Titans over the Tubas though, depending on the kind of music you generally play. If you're looking for deeper bass go for the Tubas if you're looking for more kick you in your chest bass then the Titan is the one for you, both still sound good (I haven't heard the Titans myself but people who's judgment I trust like them).
    If I had to play only for people who liked the music because they heard it on the radio, it wouldn't make me happy. -- David Guetta