Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: What gear do you regret purchasing the most?

I am going to go with Akai MPC40 and 20 version 1. Very unimpressed with their flexibility, but maybe I was just expecting to much from an older piece of gear.

behringer eurorack ub2442fx mixer in like 2003
    This signature has been censored. - PCWO

JBL EON 515XT’s... These were the very first speakers I bought as a new DJ. I knew nothing about PA systems and thought two big 15 inch speakers would be good.😀 Frankly, there was nothing wrong with the speakers. I’m sure they were exactly what they were built to be, but they were not right for a mobile DJ like me. I actually only used them for one gig before they were relegated to backup duty, and were never needed.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyUK View Post
    Repost, but more than 6 years and counting still working as new, have a spare in the garage just in case

They said here it would break in 6 months...
    digging this one back up from the grave.... I currently have 3 CDX, and 2 HDX at home. When used with Traktor they all work fairly well. They're great for house parties or at home fun. I'd never use them for a paid gig.
    I also have a set of Technics SL-DZ1200. I prefer the Numarks. I can't stand numark's products, but for some reason with the cdx/hdx it's a love/hate type of thing.

ok back on topic...
    (((DJF member since 06')))

Numark can be hit or miss to quite an extent. Reliability is generally not their forte.

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    Numark can be hit or miss to quite an extent. Reliability is generally not their forte.
    Totally agree!
    (((DJF member since 06')))

I know a good few thousand people will disagree but my biggest regret was the Pioneer XDJ-RX, I just could not take to it. Waveforms all over the place, small(er) jog wheels than individual CDJ, I don't know I just couldn't get on with it, or any other all in one unit to be honest. Hated it.

I have now gone full circle and with the money I got for selling it I bought x2 mint (and I mean the cleanest I have ever seen) CDJ 1000Mk3 with Decksavers, Kontrol Z2 with Deck Saver and upgraded to Traktor 3 on my MacBook air 2018, oh and a couple of DJTT USB-C Chroma cables and I couldn't be happier.
    Last edited by Craig Willis; 06-25-2019 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyUK View Post
    Repost, but more than 6 years and counting still working as new, have a spare in the garage just in case

They said here it would break in 6 months...
    I had a Numark DXM-06 when I first started and I LOVED that little mixer. Had it for years and never failed me. I have to be honest and say that I prefer the mini fader/toggle switch it had for mixing in your headphones over what Pioneer has on their mixers.

A Fore wrist watch.. the wristband broke at work (I worked at a hardware store/warehouse at the time and was feeling rich) but I got it fixed, it broke again so I put it in the drawer (the watch was too big and heavy anyway, and the store I got it from is like 70km away) and used my old watch which I got when I graduated from high school.

I was actually looking for one of those big rubbery plastic sport watches but ended up with the Fore, iirc I paid like 179e for it. Then I tried fixing the band myself (it came with spare parts too) but the battery had run out and I was busy doing other things and couldn't get the back open without clocksmiths tools.

I also had a Casio G-Shock later on which was good, it was nice and big too but significantly lighter, however I was working for the government at the time where we had dry suits and the coff was too tight for it so I gave it to a guy I know and went back to the one I got when I graduated. I got a Casio AMW-700 for my birthday which I still use.

Can't believe nobody has mentioned this yet! (Actually I'm not surprised; I'm probably one of about a dozen people that bought one of these, ever). I won't say I regret it, but it's probably the only piece of gear I've literally never used in the mix, not even during a practice session. It was a fun conversation piece, and I still have it, but man, what a waste!