Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: What gear do you regret purchasing the most?

Although I still love the little buggers, I do sometimes regret getting my CDJ-500s' and not waiting for the 1000s to be released. Really wish the jog wheel did a little bit more than just nudging the track along.

Biggest regret is that I stopped using my set when I've had a crap day, not sure my other half agrees!

Oh, and although I never bought them, having to use a really naf Denon set up when I first started in a pub... rubber little buttons never did quite work!

Lots. Bought a small mackie mixer and a Roland Sh-202 synth along with an old skool Akai sampler before I realised I had no discernible musical talent. Sold the lot within a year.

TRAKTOR skratch set up, realised soon it was a bit pointless having vinyl and a vinyl scratch set up when i dont have any scratcghing skills - sold up and just went vinyl mixing (With a bit of basic digital on the laptop)

Oh yes and not one but two different tuntable coffins - both bespoke, what the fk was i thinking?
    Theres a reason why you only ever see 1xtt flightcases per 1200
    Last edited by D'jramatist; 08-04-2019 at 01:56 PM.

CDJ 800s. I should have ponied up for the 1000 MK1s which had way more functionality, and I wouldn't have ended up upgrading to 1000 MK3s. By that time the tide was turning towards Traktor/SSL and the lack of USB ended up being a deal breaker. Luckily I got a good deal selling them (and my DJM 600) and got an S4, F1, and new powered monitors.

Don't get me wrong, I had some great times with CDJs, but I feel like I wasted a huge amount of money. The original 1000s would have seen me through the CD era completely, and I would have had more money to get a better laptop and more software.

CDJ 2000's not really necessary now that controllers are so state of the art and reliable.
    " Mr. Nichols Just A Guy Who Plays Music"

Listen To Good Tunes..Play Good Tunes..Spin The Tunes They Wanna Hear

Vestax VCM 600

Beamz lighting. Should have bought Chauvet first up.
    Perth DJ Hire For Wedding and Events www.herodjs.com.au/

Traktor Kontrol S4 MK3. I've used Traktor controllers in the past, (Kontrol X1 MK1s, Kontrol S4 MK2, Kontrol S5, Kontrol S8) but the Kontrol S4 MK3 just didn't do it for
    me. Sold it and purchased a XONE:92. No more all in one controllers for me.
    "All I ever wanted to do was hear music that I like and play it to other people" - John Peel

Allen and Heath Xone 43c... this mixer is not what AH are all about, luckily ive sold it and bought a Mastersounds Radius which is arguably the best ive ever bought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    It's only because features like auto-sync have opened the doors for a bunch of lazy cunts to buy some gear and think they're a DJ a week later that we go round and round in circles with this same topic.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ STU-C View Post
    Allen and Heath Xone 43c... this mixer is not what AH are all about, luckily ive sold it and bought a Mastersounds Radius which is arguably the best ive ever bought.
    Mastersounds, not THAT is , next to the original Bozak, the best rotary out there.
    I'm jealous, in a good way though.
    "All I ever wanted to do was hear music that I like and play it to other people" - John Peel

MAGIX music maker.

I was back in the shop 20 minutes later to get my money back.